earning in india

Options

hi! can nay instructor from India respond to this , I just want to know if Indian instructors earn well through udemy?

Comments

• MariaG
    MariaG Posts: 2,328 researcher rank
    Options

Hey @Aakanksha
    , good question. We're also curious to hear about other's experiences!

• Mufaddal
    Mufaddal Posts: 365 Community Champion rank
    Options

There are many instructors in India who earn well (above 1000$ per month) .

Its possible and there is an ever growing audience from India on udemy .

If you are thinking of creating a course for Indian audience then its a good time to be on udemy.

• Aakanksha
    Aakanksha Posts: 8
    Options

Thanks a lot for replying

• Manan904
    Manan904 Posts: 8
    Options

@SaiAcuityIn756
    Hi,

I am an instructor from India and I'm expecting payment in the next month. Can you please tell me whether you are using PayPal or Payoneer to receive the payments?

Paypal process is extremely lengthy as first they asked me to make an account, then do KYC and now they are saying convert it into business account as personal account won't support receiving such payments.

I have created Payoneer account as well but they are also asking for verification details and don't know wheter its safe to recieve from Payoneer or not.

Please help me on deciding whether to receive money from PayPal or Payoneer.

• SaiAcuityIn756
    Options

I use PayPal, its easy once you setup. Gets credited on 8th and in your account by 10th.

• Aakanksha
    Options

Oh okay

• Alfa-eLearning
    Options

For PayPal India, you just need to give PAN card details and need to verify your bank account. That's it.

• Manan904
    Options

@Alfa-eLearning
    @SaiAcuityIn756

Even after verification and KYC, Paypal is telling me to convert into a business account and that I cannot receive payment in my personal account.

And to set up a business account, PayPal is asks me for Product service, Paypal CC name, and GST etc.

Do you have a business account or a personal account?

Would it work on a personal account?

Did you also convert it into a business account?

• Alfa-eLearning
    Options

I am using personal account from last 6 years and never faced any issue while receiving payment.

• Manan904
    Options

@Alfa-eLearning
    wrote:

I am using personal account from last 6 years and never faced any issue while receiving payment

Thank You so much!

• SaiAcuityIn756
    Options

I use personal account too...unsure why they are asking you to setup a business ac.

• Manan904
    Options

Got it!...I'll keep using my personal account. The support themselves was confused. One person said business while the other said personal works. Don't know what was the issue

• Piyush
    Piyush Posts: 30
    Options

Hi @Aakanksha

Its been almost 20 days I have published my first course on Udemy and the response is not very good but yes, I have got few dollars of earnings. I guess this is a time taking process and will eventually bring you more enrolments and earnings as time passes.
    I have tried all my best means of promoting - Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, personal WhatsApp groups, old college groups and many more. This have brought visitors to my landing page obviously but conversion rate is not improving.
    Indian market is slightly different. I request other instructors from India to share some ideas and promoting techniques, if you are ok with sharing.

Thank You.

• Aakanksha
    Options

Hey @Piyush
    thanks for sharing your experience. In just 20 days you've got 22 enrolments, I think it's a good start, all the best for your course

• Piyush
    Options

Yeah... that 22 enrolments I got all because of extensive promotions on various platforms I mentioned above. But things are slowing down and even people who have enrolled are yet to provide their ratings and reviews. Used Udemy's unbuild announcements and messages section to interact and urge students to give their genuine reviews. Let's see when that happens.

Thank you.

• Piyush
    Options

Thank you so much @SaiAcuityIn756
    . I have been working towards all these and yes..already working towards preparing other courses. It may take some good 6-7 months of time for a all set ready to upload course.
    YouTube and facebook page is already on track and growing. Yet to figure out how to attract my targeted audience, let's hope for the best.

• manishpaulsimon
    Options

That's a great inspiring story. Thankyou for sharing!

• Sudhirlion
    Options

Hey its me Sudhir Lion. Currently I will conduct my class here. So no idea.

• Arka4577
    Arka4577 Posts: 2
    Options

I am indian.but I am newcomer. I also curious about that.

• debra1111
    debra1111 Posts: 229
    Options

Keep in mind that after they buy your course they will possibly buy your other courses even those outside Udemy. I have had students in India buy my higher priced course on my website. I also get many YouTube views from India. You will have access to up to 1 billion adults depending how much interest your course subject has.

• VinodCumar
    VinodCumar Posts: 17
    Options

Wow, what a fantastic journey....

• AdegokeOmot1
    Options

Well done!

• Ganesh Kuduva
    Options

Congratulations, Piyush. All the best. I am yet to publish my course. Would you mind sharing what course you have published? Thanks.

• Piyush
    Options

Hi Ganesh. I am an Instructor of Linux over here as of now but I am on my way to cover more of Cyber Security and Coding based courses. FOr you info, if you want to know about courses published by any instructor, simply go to the instructor's profile by clicking on his name and you'll be able to see the courses published .

• digiajay
    Options

@SaiAcuityIn756
    It strange you're earning so little compared to the total students you have of 219,032. Promise me that you're not hiding :smileylol: Just kidding. Easily you can earn $2 per conversion after all promotions, if not all those are converted students, if at least 10% of those are converted, you could have earned easily 40k... Were you having your courses for free and changed to a paid course?

• SaiAcuityIn756
    Options

@digiajay
    as part of our initial experiments we did give out free coupons, our plan was to get a sizeable number who can be converted as we create new courses. Time will only tell if we will be successful. Our thinking is longterm this will work out, sending promotional/educational emails to this chunk has led to more conversions. We aim to continuously tap this mass.