free course/paid course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free course/paid course

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to have make a course free and later to sell it for a certain price.

If yes, is it a good strategy in order to quick start it?

Also from what I understood it is free course can be a maximum of two hours? if the course goes from free to not free, can I then add section to make it longer?

Lastly, If the course is free how do I get people to go on it? (I guess Udemy is not going to to make any marketing for a free course?)

Thanks

Paul

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PaulR Yes, you can set your course for free now and change it later and share free coupons. Free courses are less than 2 hours, you cannot set a course for free if this one exceeds the time frame. While you can change the price of your course at any time, you can switch from Free to Paid only once. If you switch from free to paid and back to free (or vice versa) after the course is published, your promotional announcements for the course will be permanently disabled.

You can update the course content at any time, please check this article here.

Also to promote your course Check out this support article with more info about promoting your course with coupons and referral links.

Hope this helps!

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors