green screen

Options

Hello I have purchased my greenscreen and found that its all creasted so there are folded lines on it .. is that a problem with video?

Comments

• Thor
    Thor Posts: 2,261 Community Champion rank
    Options

It will be, I one used a steamer, another time just a water boiler to get the creases out.

Just be careful, boiling water and all.

• mariapellicano1
    Options

Do you have to get the crease out for a good video image on screen flow or it doesn’t matter ?

• SharonRamel
    SharonRamel Posts: 1,308 Community Champion rank
    Options

Hi @mariapellicano1
    you will see any major creases. Minor one will show up as colour variants in the background, this makes editing tough. Make sure you stand about a metre away and set your lighting. Spending the time setting up it worth it. @GregReverdiau
    has an excellent post on Green Screens. Sadly my tech tech skills are not up to finding it for you!

• GregReverdiau
    Options

You can also stretch it to get rid of the creases. Lighting is far more important in my opinion than a few creases.

• CuriousPavel
    Options

Hey!

It's completely normal for your green screen to arrive like this. There is no way they can ship it being folder only once.

I have never ironed or steamed my green screens. You just need to:

- stretch it. Put something at the bottom that stretches it

- light it up. And I don't mean fire ;) put as much light as you can on it

- stand away from it. Don't get too close. About a meter is fine

- when in post, find the darkest mark when using the ultra key

That should do it ;)

• Andreas22
    Options

I tried ironing with a towl on top and steeming, but no luck, I went on to make a wooden frame and stretched the green screen to wraped it and stappled it tight, i had not one crease this method and when I filmed it was perfect when i changed the background display through imovie.

They are a pain but a little work and they are good to go.
    Andy

• mariapellicano1
    Options

thanks Jocelyn haven't yet proceeded as it's overwhelming what to set up..I have my content ready but technology is what is causing the biggest delay

• JohnElder
    Options

Throw it in the dryer...that's always worked for me.