how long should i post my first course for free?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long should i post my first course for free?

Hello everyone,

I am about to publish my first course, but I am confused that should i publish my first course for free or paid. if i publish my course for free than how long it should be ? can i publish my whole course for free which is almost 20 hours long. or do i publish half for free for a while and after shifting my course from free to paid than i add more content.?

1 Reply

Hello @Yahyakhan472. This is a matter or personal choice, but both have pros and cons. Publishing a course for free means more potential leads for your paid courses, but your star rating might suffer because more students will have access to reviewing content they haven't paid for.
I only recommend shifting a course from free to paid once, and it may be a good idea to offer a shorter free course that's going to serve as a preview of what your paid content might look like. This is how you warm up cold leads. If you need any more help, feel free to ask away or contact me personally!

- Filip is founder of www.teachermethod.com, 1-on-1 mentorship program dedicated to teach you how to create and sell exceptional Udemy courses
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors