how to deal with Unfair Review

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to deal with Unfair Review

How do Udemy or you handle unfair reviews?
I published my first course and the first review that I got was 1 of 5.

The student did not explain what he/she doesn't like about the course.

I noticed that the Student completed the course in just one day, which makes me think that this student doesn't take the time to do the course. This course's content has 1 hour 47 minutes of video, 8 lessons, and it requires around 12 hours of work/class

I think that probably he/she was just looking around and doing reviews.

I reviewed the Student's history and he/she had completed hundreds of courses in diverse fields, so I am not sure if this is really a student, a person that has a genuine interest in my course, because of the diversity of classes enrolled and because this is a specified course for people with interested in a particular field.

4 Replies

@pmonero nobody on Udemy is going to do 12h worth of work. Especially for a free course. Serial course takers just watch the video and judge your course based on that.

I don't have any advice for you at this point, except for not publishing free courses.

@MichalePog, thanks for taking the time to review and reply to my question.

When I said 12 hours of work, I was not referring that the course requires 12 hours of work, I did mean that a serious/real student, someone that really is taking this course to get the knowledge is not going to finish this course in less than one day, usually it will take more that one 8 hours... The student will need to pause, and do exercises and assessments... for me, a review from a student that only watches a video and clicks next is not a valuable review.

Yeah @pmonero I totally get it.

But what I'm saying is it's not about you, and the review being valuable to you.

The reviews are for other students like that person.

And most students won't do that kind of work, especially if it's part of a free course, that's the point I'm trying to make.

Does it make sense?

I have published my 2 course at least 1 week.but I can't get success and no reply 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors