looking for new instructor support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for new instructor support

Hi, 

I am new to online course creation and new to Udemy. 

I have 3 questions for Udemy but cannot find an email address for support nor answer on the instructor Q&A.  And finding answers on T's & C's for specific emblems it's like 'looking for a needle in a haystack'. 

So, I wonder if I find help here 🙂

1_Can I sell the exact same course on other market places? ( I read the exclusivity part of T's and        C's yet I am still not clear). 

2_Can students from Udemy join a private FB group for course support and extra resources or Udemy will not accept the direct contact? 

3_ I understand Udemy 30 days refund policy. I am unclear on how does it work though. Technically a student can complete the course within that time and uses the majority of the content, to then asks a refund. How does Udemy keeps this in check and does what is fair for both students and instructors? 

Thank you

3 Replies
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

1_Can I sell the exact same course on other market places? ( I read the exclusivity part of T's and        C's yet I am still not clear). 

Yes. The exclusivity terms only apply if your course is accepted into the Udemy for Business program. Most courses are not, and you can explicitly opt out of that if you want to. If your course is something that fills a need for corporate clients you might want to stick with publishing on Udemy and your own website, as they prefer courses that they can say are exclusive for that program.

2_Can students from Udemy join a private FB group for course support and extra resources or Udemy will not accept the direct contact? 

Yes, provided the group is primarily for educational content and not for your own marketing.

3_ I understand Udemy 30 days refund policy. I am unclear on how does it work though. Technically a student can complete the course within that time and uses the majority of the content, to then asks a refund. How does Udemy keeps this in check and does what is fair for both students and instructors? 

If you suspect a student is abusing the refund policy, you can contact policy@udemy.com with the details. It certainly does happen, but on the whole the number of sales you receive thanks to Udemy's liberal refund policy should exceed those you lose from the ones you abuse it. It's frustrating but on the whole it benefits us.

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

What Frank said and instructorsupport@udemy.com

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

How can I complete the course ?  because I received email from verification team that udemy cant not verify you as your course is not complete ? Whats does it mean ? 

Please guide me .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors