pre-sale course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre-sale course

Go to solution

Hi!

Is it possible to pre-sale course on Udemy?

My idea is to create a beginning of course and sell it very cheap (1€?) or give it for free

and mark in title that it is PreSale.

When students will buy it this way, they will have a few benefits:

- possibility to influence course content (say what they are missing, what is not OK, what they like, suggest chapters and topics)

- finally they will have whole course cheep

For me it is active feedback from students what they expect and what they like.

It it allowed/possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi @rysic - It is not possible to sell your course for less than $19.95. So you won't be able to see it "very cheap". 

I wouldn't make your course free. You're going to end up with hundreds of signups from bots and virtually none of those signups will ever go through your course. Plus, you won't be able to send promotional emails to anyone who signed up in your free course because Udemy won't allow it. 

In my opinion, if you pre-sell a course, you're going to end up with a lot of refunds and/or bad reviews. For the most part, students are not interested in helping you make your course better. they bought your course to learn something they don't already know.

You need to keep in mind your competition is selling courses that are already complete. Why would someone buy a partially made course from you when they can purchase a fully completed one with lots of good reviews and ratings?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @rysic - It is not possible to sell your course for less than $19.95. So you won't be able to see it "very cheap". 

I wouldn't make your course free. You're going to end up with hundreds of signups from bots and virtually none of those signups will ever go through your course. Plus, you won't be able to send promotional emails to anyone who signed up in your free course because Udemy won't allow it. 

In my opinion, if you pre-sell a course, you're going to end up with a lot of refunds and/or bad reviews. For the most part, students are not interested in helping you make your course better. they bought your course to learn something they don't already know.

You need to keep in mind your competition is selling courses that are already complete. Why would someone buy a partially made course from you when they can purchase a fully completed one with lots of good reviews and ratings?

Go to solution

That sounds reasonable. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors