renewing a course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

renewing a course

Hi All, Im Arun, it's been a year since I started but now only I feel like I dedicated & performed something. But when I started, initially I had a course with very poor audio quality & mostly written guidance without voiceover & still udemy published the course & thanks to them, & the course went fine with more students day by day as it was a free course, then I switched back & forth paid to  free several times without realising it effects the promotional features of the course, but then visitors droped & I was away for a while, now I realised it was my fault & I started a new course published, but I can't offer this freely, since this is around 3 hours, so its ok, but I have several questions: [ my courses-        azure- 1 hour course,     IP- 3 hour course ]

1- for my first course [poor quality] can I re do the course with my new skills as I know bit of good editing works & voice quality improved a lot with mics , so can I re do & update the course itself [1 hour course] , so if I do that, will udemy allow me to get the free promotional stuff again ? [actually they opted it to udemybusiness crs I guess- actually whats the meaning of it? are they selecting my course for allowing biz people and gonna give me commision? or are they putting me away of this process?],  or is it a good idea from my side to create a Fresh course from the re made videos & offer it for free? which is better?

2nd course doubt [3 hour course]

Now  for my new course[3hours] , how can I get initial rating ? can I create another new course with including the primary areas of this 3 hr course & make it a 2hour course & include my link to the 3 hour course & ask students to purchase this for full 3 hour access? can I do it like that? Am i breaking any rules here?  ,

Also mainly, I wanna know the new udemy's support email pls, actually i think they changed something, is it so?

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Arun-AK We are happy to have you back! A course can only be switched from Free to Paid once. If the course is switched from free to paid and back the promotional emails will be disabled permanently so, even if you update your course content, the promotional emails won't be enabled again. 

Regarding your question on creating a new course or updating it, many instructors have found themselves uncertain about this, and I have found a couple of threads that may be relevant.

Do I Update My Bad-Old Course or Do I Make A Brand New One?

Creating a new course or updating the whole course with new videos?

Updating courses: when it's worth it, when it isn't.

You can also do a quick scan in the community using the search tool. I think you can find even more information about it by using keywords.

For your second question, I'll recommend you to reach out to our policy team at policy@udemy.com they will be able to provide you with more details on what is allowed and waht is not.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors