student numbers don't tally

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student numbers don't tally

Go to solution

Hi 

I'm new to Udemy and published my first course at the beginning of 2020. I just received an email saying i had 6 students yet i have only earned $3.41. My course is listed at $59 and i am aware that you will reduce the cost and offer promotions but $3 seems to be a massive jump from $59! is there any way of putting a minimum limit on the price? 

Also it says that 4 students have enrolled but never visited my course. have they been gvien the course for free? as there only seems to be 2 actual payments. 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi, Imogen. If you go into your revenue report and click on this month, you will see what you were paid per enrollment. Courses never sell at full price and instructors do not keep 100% of the revenue. I got 85 cents for one enrollment on a course listed at $149.99. It's basically a numbers game.

If you opt out of promotions you can sell at full price but it's unlikely people will buy with other courses on the same topic priced at $9.99.

You just need to get some good reviews in to gain traction and to use the coupon system to promote your course.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Go to solution

Hi, Imogen. If you go into your revenue report and click on this month, you will see what you were paid per enrollment. Courses never sell at full price and instructors do not keep 100% of the revenue. I got 85 cents for one enrollment on a course listed at $149.99. It's basically a numbers game.

If you opt out of promotions you can sell at full price but it's unlikely people will buy with other courses on the same topic priced at $9.99.

You just need to get some good reviews in to gain traction and to use the coupon system to promote your course.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors