what if I post the course on anything and there are alot of other courses are available out there.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what if I post the course on anything and there are alot of other courses are available out there.

Go to solution

hello everyone, I am very new beginner on udemy, and i am about to create a course, but i have confusion in my mind that what happens if I post the course and there are alot of similar courses on that same topic, but I do it with different and outstanding way. will i be successful ? and please give me some tips on how to advertise my course that brings good amount of students ?

your response will help alot.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Well, that entirely depends on your course and other types of such courses available at udemy. What I suggest is that you go to some udemy Facebook groups and give some free coupons. As this is your first course, it will help you to gain some attention. Keep in mind that, very few people out of these free enrollments will review your course. However, if your course is good, you will get attention.

First month might not be as expected. Nobody on udemy has become a bestseller overnight. You need to constantly work hard and give your inputs. 

Engineer, Engineering Academy-Nepal

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Go to solution

Hi

You can check marketplace insights to see what similar courses there are. To stand separately, you need to be unique. You do not need to create a different topic but present the same topic differently. Slowly, you will get noticed and then rock and roll. 

Go to solution

Agreed! could not have said any better, by the way @Gokul  how long have you been published?

this will be my first course and I am waiting for the reviews to be compelted, what kinda sale valume do I expect within the first month?  do you think 100s or so? 

Go to solution

Well, that entirely depends on your course and other types of such courses available at udemy. What I suggest is that you go to some udemy Facebook groups and give some free coupons. As this is your first course, it will help you to gain some attention. Keep in mind that, very few people out of these free enrollments will review your course. However, if your course is good, you will get attention.

First month might not be as expected. Nobody on udemy has become a bestseller overnight. You need to constantly work hard and give your inputs. 

Go to solution

Thanks brother for help. And I checked your profile and courses, you are awesom man. can you please tell me how long have you been working on Udemy? And how much time it took you to be successful?

Go to solution

Hi

Thank you for your appreciation. I have only been working since august 2018. I am nothing as compared to big instructors out there. You check their profiles and posts. It will definitely inspire you. 

Go to solution

Well. I study in University in Physics department 2nd year. So, I have skills just in Physics, but I want to teach something else something valuable. And I can not decide what to choose and starting learning first and than teach on udemy. 

you have experience. can you please tell me which field should I choose that has high demand on udemy.

Go to solution

You should teach what you are best at. If you start teaching something that you do not know, it will backfire you. You might miss important things and include things that are not important. Also, you have to address student's issues and you might not be able to it. 

@Yahyakhan472 wrote:

Well. I study in University in Physics department 2nd year. So, I have skills just in Physics, but I want to teach something else something valuable. And I can not decide what to choose and starting learning first and than teach on udemy. 

you have experience. can you please tell me which field should I choose that has high demand on udemy.

JM30
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

Go to solution

@Yahyakhan472 wrote:

@Yahyakhan472 - Hi i just wanna share my small advice. Teaching on udemy need time commitment and patience, more especially when you are publishing for the 1st time. 

I would advice you to 1st learn n complete ur studies then teach on udemy after. Unless u have enough time to do both at the same time. But make sure you make ur qualification no.1 priority of which 'll also help u build a good name when you write ur udemy bio. Udemy instructors write their qualifications in bio and or express them in their courses during introduction, to attract traffic of students. 

Go to solution

Much appreciated @Gokul !

@Gokul wrote:

Go to solution

You can try at your best. Go ahead 

It's better to start now, instead of later

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors