Australian Instructors Question for Special Rates and Conditions on Taxform

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Instructors Question for Special Rates and Conditions on Taxform

any australian Instructor that can tell me if they clicked yes or no on the Special Rates and Conditions page for the tax form??

Reading through it I think its a no but because Udemy put a note up saying our income would be classified as Royalties which may be special conditions?

I also found out that the tax form I would need to use to file income tax in  2022 Form 1042-S  (and not W8BEN) and under that form they also list royalties

so I am confused...

any info would be appreciated

3 Replies

Did you find your answer? I have the same question. Thank you 

Hi, no I haven't, my daughter who lives in the US looked into it for me and thinks we have to click no, I haven't registered yet as I find earning $10 on a course that I have to pay tax on or at least file a tax return in the US as well as dealing with the Tax system here is not worth it

Thank you for your response. It is not a straightforward process. That is for sure. I am still working on it. Mike

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.