Do I always get 50% revenue?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I always get 50% revenue?

Go to solution

Hello, I'm reading this article https://www.udemy.com/instructor/resources/?page=audience and I have a question about it: "These programs allow Udemy to offer your course at a discount to current Udemy students, to affiliates, and to social media audiences via paid advertising. You can always opt-out of Udemy promotions and drive your own traffic to your course to keep 97% of the revenue (less a 3% payment processing fee, 4% in Japan).".
Does this mean that If I opt-in to Udemy's promotion program and I drive traffic through my link I will get 97%? Or if I'm opt-in I will always get 50%?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

If you do your own promotions @devsmanship you keep an amazing 97%. I encourage you to opt into Udemys promotions - you get less for sure however all those small sales add up. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

If you do your own promotions @devsmanship you keep an amazing 97%. I encourage you to opt into Udemys promotions - you get less for sure however all those small sales add up. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

thank you!

Go to solution

I think this article answers the question: https://teach.udemy.com/marketing/make-the-most-of-coupons-and-referral-links/ - "And finally, when you use Udemy’s promotional tools to bring in a new student, you keep 97% of the revenue from the sale. Your promotion, your reward.".

But let someone else confirm it, please 😄

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @devsmanship To clear things out there the 3 scenarios for our revenue share:

Your promotions: If students are enrolled in your course using your referral links, coupons. You will get 97% of the revenue of the total sale.

Organic sales: If students purchased the course with no instructor coupon, this happens when students browser your course from the course catalog. You get 50% and Udemy 50%

Paid User Acquisition Channel Sales: If students are enrolled through an affiliate link, instructors get 25% of the revenue.

You can learn more in this article Instructor Revenue Share.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community

GuilhermeMP
Community Champion

Go to solution

Sometimes less (if the revenue comes from affiliate/ad program or organic if you divide a course with somebody else), or more (if you do your own promotions)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.