Double page request authorization and accepted answers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double page request authorization and accepted answers.

Go to solution

Hi everybody,

I didn't find a proper forum to put this in so I'm just putting this here. It can be moved if someone knows where this should go.

Whenever I get emails about a new answer (which I like!) I need to click the link twice to get to my posts. The first page is obviously using a cookie to log me in but doesn't keep me on the original url, it goes back to the community home page (it's just very annoying). And I wanted to share this feedback with someone from Udemy. 

And I have a question about accepted answers. I've now started 3 (I think) posts including this one. My first one I didn't accept the answer yet, someone else did that for me. I didn't like that. And the second one was in A/V, and I accepted an answer, and someone else accepted a different answer for me (also didn't like that). What's up with this? Why is someone making decisions for me on subjects I've started? That immediately felt inappropriate. I think a reminder to accept a solution is a better solution — don't force your answer on someone elses questions, because twice now they've both been incorrect. 

Just sharing feedback and hoping it gets to someone who can use it to improve the community. Not being a complainer, just wanted to make sure these were brought up so the community can be the best it can be. 

Cheers! 

P.S. I'm looking foward to seeing which answer gets accepted on my behalf without me knowing haha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey @KalobTaulien, thanks for the feedback! Happy to share it with our team and see what we can do.

Regarding the "accepted solutions," on this platform, we can either have only admins accept solutions or allow everyone to accept solutions. We think it's better to allow everyone to accept solutions than to limit it to admins, even if sometimes people accept their own answer when it may be wrong. If you see an "accepted solution" that you don't think is right, you should be able to remove it. (Click Options and then click "Not the solution".)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @KalobTaulien, thanks for the feedback! Happy to share it with our team and see what we can do.

Regarding the "accepted solutions," on this platform, we can either have only admins accept solutions or allow everyone to accept solutions. We think it's better to allow everyone to accept solutions than to limit it to admins, even if sometimes people accept their own answer when it may be wrong. If you see an "accepted solution" that you don't think is right, you should be able to remove it. (Click Options and then click "Not the solution".)

Go to solution

Ohh ok, that's perfect then. I didn't realize that "Not the solution" feature existed here. Thanks for letting me know!!! 

Go to solution

No problem! 😄 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.