Exciting news!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exciting news!

Go to solution

Udemy Instructors, 

As you may have already read, we’re sharing some great news today. Benesse, our long-time strategic partner in Japan, is investing $50 million in Udemy with a valuation of $2 billion. This investment demonstrates Benesse’s confidence in us and our work together and offers an exciting opportunity for us to further invest in scaling Udemy around the world.

I believe we’re still in the earliest days of realizing the potential of learning online, and I’m incredibly optimistic about our shared future. Together, we’re partners in bringing the world’s expertise to millions of students around the world and enabling people everywhere to progress in their professions and their passions.

We’re grateful that each of you made the decision to teach on Udemy, and we’re eager to move even more boldly to help share your knowledge with the world and improve lives through learning.

Cheers to our continued partnership, 

Gregg

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Awesome. Best of the best learning course marketplace.

@GreggC wrote:

Udemy Instructors, 

As you may have already read, we’re sharing some great news today. Benesse, our long-time strategic partner in Japan, is investing $50 million in Udemy with a valuation of $2 billion. This investment demonstrates Benesse’s confidence in us and our work together and offers an exciting opportunity for us to further invest in scaling Udemy around the world.

I believe we’re still in the earliest days of realizing the potential of learning online, and I’m incredibly optimistic about our shared future. Together, we’re partners in bringing the world’s expertise to millions of students around the world and enabling people everywhere to progress in their professions and their passions.

We’re grateful that each of you made the decision to teach on Udemy, and we’re eager to move even more boldly to help share your knowledge with the world and improve lives through learning.

Cheers to our continued partnership, 

Gregg

View solution in original post

Go to solution

I'm a top instructor in the Russian-speaking marketplace which is actively developing nowadays. I was thinking for some time about the possibility to build some kind of an instructor's community here in Moscow, Russia. That could help to grow the Russian-speaking market even quicker. That would be super cool if someday Udemy had opened another office in Moscow))) I would also be proud of being one of Udemy's team members. Is there any kind of option to collaborate with Udemy in this field?

Go to solution

Hi! @_lutfor 

I hope that you are well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

You may be contacted with @MdJahangirAlam

Thanks for your contact!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

61 Replies

Go to solution

Congrats Udemy team & Gregg, that's an amazing achievement and a great valuation. 

I can't wait to see the accelerated growth in Udemy's team! 

Any pointers as to where that money will be spent? Engineering? UFB? Marketing? New revenue avenues?

EmilyH
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @StephaneMaarek — We plan on further investing in markets around the world, deepening our learning offerings for both consumers and the enterprise, and expanding our San Francisco headquarters as well as growing offices in Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Gurgaon, India; São Paulo, Brazil; and Ankara, Turkey.

Go to solution

Congratulation, Team Udemy.

Welcome to India, I am sure it has huge potential for online learning considering its market size.

My best wishes!

Guha Rajan

Go to solution

That's Great News! @EmilyH How many employees are going to be at each location?

Go to solution

I'm a top instructor in the Russian-speaking marketplace which is actively developing nowadays. I was thinking for some time about the possibility to build some kind of an instructor's community here in Moscow, Russia. That could help to grow the Russian-speaking market even quicker. That would be super cool if someday Udemy had opened another office in Moscow))) I would also be proud of being one of Udemy's team members. Is there any kind of option to collaborate with Udemy in this field?

Go to solution

Hi! @EngineerSpock 

I am Kazi Harun-or-Rashid from Bangladesh 🇧🇩.I hope that you are very well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Congratulations for your plans!!! 

🌹🌹🌹🌹

Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

Hi! @EmilyH 

I am Kazi Harun-or-Rashid from Bangladesh 🇧🇩. I hope that you are very well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

However! I think that all the best mindfulness for meditation to you and your plans. Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!!

Thank you so much for your plans!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

Great news. We're looking forward to produce more courses. 

ScottDuffy
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Congrats Team Udemy!

Looking forward to more innovations in the learning tools available to students with this money. 

JasonDion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Congratulations, Team Udemy! That is an amazing valuation, and I really loved the part of the article where they bring up that Udemy has already paid out over $350 million to its instructors since launch.

Keep up the great work!
Jason Dion

Jason Dion
Lead Instructor @ Dion Training Solutions
Thor
Community Champion

Go to solution

That is excellent news, both the investment, the partnership, and the valuation. 

Excited to see what this and the general Udemy evolvement leads to.

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

Go to solution

Great news. We're looking forward to producing more courses. 

Go to solution

Hi Gregg

This is Good News!

Japan investing so much means a lot. Udemy's trusting will surely be highlighted worldwide. I'm more than grateful to be part of this Community and happy to share my knowledge around the world.

Be on track!

Rosanna Bonc012

Go to solution

Congrats Udemy team and let's grow together! Have you consider Buenos Aires for an office?

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @adolvex Currently we have no plans to open a Buenos Aires office at this time.

Go to solution

Well done Gregg and the Udemy team I look forward to seeing the fruits of this investment. Lets grow together x

Go to solution

Plenty congrats for you and us all, I read about this on google today this is really good news..thank you for allowing us the opportunity to give out value .. 

Go to solution

Great news. Congratulations Udemy team. 

Go to solution

Congratulations Udemy Team....We really so proud of that achievement!!!!

GrahamNicholls
Community Champion

Go to solution

Wow, that's awesome!

Congratulations to the whole team, the work you have done so far has come to fruition and it's just the beginning I'm certain.

Looking forward to the future of online learning with Udemy 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.