Exciting news!

Options

Udemy Instructors,

As you may have already read, we’re sharing some great news today. Benesse, our long-time strategic partner in Japan, is investing $50 million in Udemy with a valuation of $2 billion. This investment demonstrates Benesse’s confidence in us and our work together and offers an exciting opportunity for us to further invest in scaling Udemy around the world.

I believe we’re still in the earliest days of realizing the potential of learning online, and I’m incredibly optimistic about our shared future. Together, we’re partners in bringing the world’s expertise to millions of students around the world and enabling people everywhere to progress in their professions and their passions.

We’re grateful that each of you made the decision to teach on Udemy, and we’re eager to move even more boldly to help share your knowledge with the world and improve lives through learning.

Cheers to our continued partnership,

Gregg

Comments

• ScottDuffy
    Options

Congrats Team Udemy!

Looking forward to more innovations in the learning tools available to students with this money.

• JasonDion
    Options

Congratulations, Team Udemy! That is an amazing valuation, and I really loved the part of the article where they bring up that Udemy has already paid out over $350 million to its instructors since launch.

Keep up the great work!
    Jason Dion

• Thor
    Thor Posts: 2,261 Community Champion rank
    Options

That is excellent news, both the investment, the partnership, and the valuation.

Excited to see what this and the general Udemy evolvement leads to.

• JohnBura
    JohnBura Posts: 407 Community Champion rank
    Options

Great news. We're looking forward to produce more courses.

• JohnBura
    Options

Great news. We're looking forward to producing more courses.

• RosannaBonc012
    Options

Hi Gregg

This is Good News!

Japan investing so much means a lot. Udemy's trusting will surely be highlighted worldwide. I'm more than grateful to be part of this Community and happy to share my knowledge around the world.

Be on track!

Rosanna Bonc012

• adolvex
    Options

Congrats Udemy team and let's grow together! Have you consider Buenos Aires for an office?

• JulianJenki396
    Options

Well done Gregg and the Udemy team I look forward to seeing the fruits of this investment. Lets grow together x

• RukqMan556
    Options

Plenty congrats for you and us all, I read about this on google today this is really good news..thank you for allowing us the opportunity to give out value ..

• ElianaC
    ElianaC Posts: 5,227 Udemy rank
    Options

Hi @adolvex
    Currently we have no plans to open a Buenos Aires office at this time.

• arindamxs
    Options

Great news. Congratulations Udemy team.

• Maram_Shtaya
    Options

Congratulations Udemy Team....We really so proud of that achievement!!!!

• GrahamNicholls
    Options

Wow, that's awesome!

Congratulations to the whole team, the work you have done so far has come to fruition and it's just the beginning I'm certain.

Looking forward to the future of online learning with Udemy :-)

• sadashiv-sawant
    Options

Wow, great news! Congratulations udemy team! I am eager to know about the expansion in India.

• KaziHarun682
    Options

Hi Dear,

I'm Kazi Harun-or-Rashid from Bangladesh 🇧🇩.Congratulations to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹💞💞💞💞

However, This is exciting opportunity for us to further invest in scaling Udemy around the world. I believe that we are still in the earliest days of realizing the potential of of learning online. So we should be able to considered how the possibility that discussing with the decision to teach on Udemy to we are greatful that each of you made in mindfulness for meditation by awareness and exclusive use of the practices with commercials mindfulness. Bless you and Udemy Community. With best regards to everyone with best days for future. Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

• GuhaRajanM
    Options

Congratulation, Team Udemy.

Welcome to India, I am sure it has huge potential for online learning considering its market size.

My best wishes!

• Muslim Helalee
    Options

That's really great.

Cheers

• JohnBura
    Options

That's Great News! @EmilyH
    How many employees are going to be at each location?

• SharonRamel
    SharonRamel Posts: 1,308 Community Champion rank
    Options

Great work @GreggC
    and team Udemy

• KaziHarun682
    Options

Hi! I am Kazi Harun-or-Rashid from Bangladesh 🇧🇩.I hope that everyone helps and supports to each other for responding of the mindfulness for meditation by awareness and exclusive use of the practices with commercials mindfulness. @SharonRamel
    Welcome to you, @GreggC and Udemy Community!!!.🌹🌹🌹🌹 for the great work at the period of our lives and exclusive use of the mindfulness for team Udemy!!Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

• SharonRamel
    SharonRamel Posts: 1,308 Community Champion rank
    Options

All the best to you @KaziHarun682
    , enjoy being here living and creating on Udemy

• RosannaBonc012
    Options

We support all Udemy the best Community for my Upcoming Training on Awareness.How to Reach a Goal!

Rosanna

• Emulas
    Emulas Posts: 10 Community Champion rank
    Options

Thanks! Happy to hear that!

• SirK
    SirK Posts: 1
    Options

Wow, this is great! Congratulations!

• BusinessWorld
    Options

OH ! So that's why you have imposed 30 percent withholding tax on Non US citizens

• Thor
    Thor Posts: 2,261 Community Champion rank
    Options

How does this comment even make sense?

See my reply in your other thread.

• LaurenKinghorn
    Options

Wow, amazing news!

• RachmadRofik20
    Options

Awesome. Best of the best learning course marketplace.

@GreggC
    wrote:

Udemy Instructors,

As you may have already read, we’re sharing some great news today. Benesse, our long-time strategic partner in Japan, is investing $50 million in Udemy with a valuation of $2 billion. This investment demonstrates Benesse’s confidence in us and our work together and offers an exciting opportunity for us to further invest in scaling Udemy around the world.

I believe we’re still in the earliest days of realizing the potential of learning online, and I’m incredibly optimistic about our shared future. Together, we’re partners in bringing the world’s expertise to millions of students around the world and enabling people everywhere to progress in their professions and their passions.

We’re grateful that each of you made the decision to teach on Udemy, and we’re eager to move even more boldly to help share your knowledge with the world and improve lives through learning.

Cheers to our continued partnership,

Gregg