Experiencing issues? Get help navigating the new community platform.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing issues? Get help navigating the new community platform.

Go to solution

Thanks for joining us in our new community home! We're so happy you're here.

If you're experiencing issues or just not sure how to do something on this new platform, ask in the replies below and someone will help you out! Please include screenshots and links where possible to help folks understand exactly what issue you're encountering. 

If you have questions about Udemy.com or course creation, please check out this post about how to reach Udemy's support teams.

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hey @SalJade, you can see the search and student list by going to the Courses homepage, hovering over the course you're interseted in, clicking "Edit/Manage course" and then clicking "Students" under Course Management. We do hear that it's difficult to find, so we're working with our team to see how we can improve that flow.

Also, feel free to start your own conversation thread next time! This one is about navigating the community platform, not the new instructor view 🙂

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hey @3MinLanguages, I think if you log out and log back in, it'll change back to the avatar you have on your Udemy instructor profile.

Go to solution

Hey @JohnAig434, I suggest you reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com and the team will be happy to help. Feel free to attach the picture you're trying to upload so they can try to update it on their end.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @MumtazMangi2020we are receiving a significantly higher volume verification process and test videos than normal, and as a result, responses from our team have been delayed. Don't worry you'll hear from them once you are next. We shared this as an announcement in the community. You can check it out here.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Ok thank you for precious advice.

Regards

35 Replies

Go to solution
Thanks for moving it. For 2. - I cannot, because a plain textarea is shown (there's no HTML editor when you want to reply). Actually I am 100% sure there is one, because I can see it for 1 sec and then it disappears.

Go to solution

You can use these options:

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 10.30.39 AM.png

Is there something else you're looking to do with formatting? 

Go to solution

Hi everyone, I am Ricardo Teixeira from Recife, Brazil. I published my first course on Udemy last april and keeps contact with this instructors community and other community for portuguese speakers. 

So, the question is pretty clear on the title of this post: Do you agree that this Community is open for everyone?

I am asking this because it is open! To me it is not a good thing. Here we discuss all kinds of strategies, share cupons to other instrutors and some people share his earns and a bunch of other things that I do not consider open to the world.

In the pontuguese community an topic was created to share our courses and some intructors started to send links with free coupons. Every people with the link of that conversation can take these courses for free when it is shared directed to intructors. The login is only needed to publish or like but not for reading.

Please, share your thoughts about it.

Go to solution

Hi @RicardoTeixeira, welcome to our new community home! Conversations in Studio U in all languages are currently readable by anyone. We have a wealth of knowledge in our community, and we hope that this will help give your advice    stories more visibility with people searching for information about online course creation.

That said, I do hear what you're saying in regards to the Portugese community. I will share your feedback with the team and see what we can do!

Go to solution

Is there any link on the main udemy site that I can click on and visit the community website and similar link on community.udemy.com to return to udemy.com site? Right now it seems as if both are different websites.

GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

There’s a link from your instructor profile but it’s not highly visible. There won’t be a link on Udemy.com itself because the platform is designed for students primarily and this platform is not. I created a bookmark to get here quicker. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Go to solution

Hi @JocelynH - thanks for this post- I am having some problems with the new dashboard- in the new section where I click on students enrolled in my course- there doesn't seem to be a search button to look up if students are in fact enrolled in my course- but rather a 'meet your students' which only snapshots a few students and not the full enrolment list. I've had a facebook study group connected with my course for 5 years for the students to exchange and practice- (there's no marketing in it - it's purely for study purposes) but now I can't check to see if they are enrolled - there doesn't seem to be a search function like before where we could enter a student's name to check if they are indeed enrolled in our course. This is also really useful for when students ask questions on Messenges- and Q and A - if you know how far along they are - you will know if they have lectures coming up that pertain to their questions - or if they have already passed the lectures and just need further clairfication- or missed key points for some reason. Is there something I am missing here about how to identify if students are enrolled in your course ? Thanks Sal Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 8.31.46 am.png

Go to solution

Hey @SalJade, you can see the search and student list by going to the Courses homepage, hovering over the course you're interseted in, clicking "Edit/Manage course" and then clicking "Students" under Course Management. We do hear that it's difficult to find, so we're working with our team to see how we can improve that flow.

Also, feel free to start your own conversation thread next time! This one is about navigating the community platform, not the new instructor view 🙂

Go to solution

thanks @Jocelyn! much appreciated! 

Go to solution

Good day great people. Am having issues with my profile image, it has been rejected because it contains text. How do I resolve it?

Go to solution

Hi,

I want to share a concern the from the May, 1st, I am active on udemy.com. created first verification and test video.todate I am unable to get reviews or feedback on my course objectives submitted with the course as: Brand Management of Goods and Services. 

Please guide me,

Regards,

Mumtaz Ali Mangi 

Assistant Professor- Design and advertising 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @MumtazMangi2020we are receiving a significantly higher volume verification process and test videos than normal, and as a result, responses from our team have been delayed. Don't worry you'll hear from them once you are next. We shared this as an announcement in the community. You can check it out here.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Ok thank you for precious advice.

Regards

Go to solution

Hello team!

I have a problem on which I couldn't find an answer: I do not see completed assignments from my students (it's the empty list and I have a confirmation from at least one student that assignment is sent).

Do you have an idea how to tackle this?

Thank you!
Marko

Go to solution

Really, I appreciate your words. Thanks for your help.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.