First time instructor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time instructor

Go to solution

Hi there

I am S S Tripathy,Retired Professor of Chemistry of 65 years age, Indian.

My first course in Udemy is in market place from today. It is a Chemistry intermediate level foundation course 

I am bit anxious about it while at the same time very happy. 

How long it takes for a new instructor to get going in market? Any idea?

I have put in my 40 plus years of teaching experience in making the course great.

Lets see the outcome. 

Fingers crossed. 

Any suggestion?

Thanks 

SS Tripathy 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi @SudhansuTri907 

The first thing you have to look at is your competition. I see you created a course on chemistry. I did a Udemy search on Chemistry and got almost 500 courses back. So you are going to have a lot of competition.

Also, your course is priced at $95. Most Udemy students are not accustomed to spending that kind of money for a course. You might want to think about lowering that quite a bit until you get a number of students, and good ratings. Then you might be able to raise your price.

The key is to be patient. You picked a very crowded area to publish a course so it could take a while to gain some traction with students. Don't expect too much too soon.

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hi , 

Do you teach chemistry online or classes

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Go to solution

Hey @SudhansuTri907, welcome aboard! 

Here's a compilation of posts from other instructors you might find very useful: https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-Course-Creation/Best-Instructor-Posts-of-All-Time-Course-C...

Also, make sure you check out Udemy's teaching center here: https://teach.udemy.com/

Go to solution

Hi @SudhansuTri907 

The first thing you have to look at is your competition. I see you created a course on chemistry. I did a Udemy search on Chemistry and got almost 500 courses back. So you are going to have a lot of competition.

Also, your course is priced at $95. Most Udemy students are not accustomed to spending that kind of money for a course. You might want to think about lowering that quite a bit until you get a number of students, and good ratings. Then you might be able to raise your price.

The key is to be patient. You picked a very crowded area to publish a course so it could take a while to gain some traction with students. Don't expect too much too soon.

Go to solution

Hi , 

Do you teach chemistry online or classes

Go to solution

i m here to teach u.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.