Free course for period of time

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free course for period of time

Hi Community 

currently im uploading my course on udemy my first intentions was to make it for free as it is my first course here but it seems that's not possible currently 

so i was wondering if it's possible to make my course free for a short period of time when after publishing it  and if it's possible for how long can will it last as free 

1 Reply
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TharwatSamy, glad to hear you will be publishing your first course soon!

Some instructors choose to launch their courses as free to generate a following, capture reviews, and get feedback, then switch to a paid course at a later date. Other instructors prefer to create free coupons instead and provide them to students in order to achieve this. It's important to keep in mind, free courses cannot exceed 2 hours in video length and will lose all premium learner features which includes a certificate of completion and Q&A. On the other hand, paid courses do not have course length limitations and cannot be offered for free elsewhere (for example, YouTube, your own site, other platforms, etc.).

You can publish your course for free and change its price at any time you want, however, you can only switch from free to paid one time. I recommend reading the following article to learn more: Free Courses: What Should Instructors Know?

Wishing you all the best with your course!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.