Happiness

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happiness

Our life should be like we don't need a vacation from it...how far do u agree to it...And is it easy to achieve?

1 Reply
FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Well, let me pivot this one to something relevant to Udemy 🙂

As a full-time Udemy instructor, I've gone from feeling like I need a vacation in my old corporate job (and feeling guilty while actually taking one) to viewing actual vacations as "work" and looking forward to returning home! I'm typing this from a hotel room overlooking a beach right now, and kind of looking forward to just getting back in my office and finishing up  my next course.

Becoming a full-time Udemy instructor is not easy to achieve, though. It requires persistent, hard work, and a fair amount of luck too. If I had to guess, somewhere between 1 and 5% of instructors are able to do it. But the freedom it gives you can change your life, and it's worth working toward in a responsible manner.

If you want to get all philosophical, though, I'd say there's a difference between happiness and contentment. I'm not happier. People seem to have a set level of happiness that they adapt to, no matter the circumstances. I'm just way more chill than I was in corporate-land, and content with the lifestyle Udemy has made possible.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors