Hello from Austin!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello from Austin!

Hi ya'll!

I'm super stoked to start making my own course! I worked on my intro video today and I think it's looking pretty good!

I make videos a lot, so I'm mainly worried about making the full experience as a course. I create Youtube videos as part of my job of being a content creator for a cool little company called Makey Makey!

4 Replies

Welcome @ColleenGraves! What are you creating your course on?

I'm working on a course for maker educators to teach them about the maker mindset!

@ColleenGraves  Cool! What's the maker mindest? I'm not sure I've heard that before.

Basically a different way of thinking about teaching. Makerspaces are being implemented in schools, but people think they can just put a 3d printer in the library and *boom* they have a makerspace. But actually, it's more about teaching children to explore and play to learn! It's about learning by making and creating things with your hands! (Or with code, 3 d modeling software, etc.) A makerspace is part of the STEM movement in schools. The maker mindset is the culture needed to sustain this type of learning. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.