Hi Everyone! I'm Isaac, a Web Developer trying to start as an instructor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Everyone! I'm Isaac, a Web Developer trying to start as an instructor

Hi! my name is Isaac, I'm from Argentina and I'm building my first course.

As you know, English is not my first language, and I decided to create the course in English with Spanish subtitles.

I don't know if it is the best decision, what do you think about it?

4 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome, Isaac. 
I think to answer your question, you need to ask yourself if your customer base primarily speaks English or Spanish. If you are afraid that your English is not good enough (or not easy to understand), then I would say you probably need subtitles in English so people can follow along. Personally as an English speaker, if I had issues understanding you while taking your course, subtitles in Spanish wouldn't do me any good. 

Conversely, if your customer base speaks primarily Spanish, then maybe recording the course in Spanish is a good idea. Some instructors also have two courses, one in each language. 

Best of luck, 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Thanks! Yes, I think that there are a lot of people that may be interested on my course in both languages. I didn't thought on using english subtitles too, but it is a great idea.
I think most spanish talkers are use to watch english videos, so for now, I'm only speaking in that language. But also depends on the demand. I don't know really, I'm too new at this. haha!

Thank you for your answer!

DeniseFletcher
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @IsaacBeron77  and welcome. I'd say make the course in both launguages 🙂 Good Luck with the course(s)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@IsaacBeron77,

Personally, I would think about doing the course in English since I think there is a much larger English speaking community here on Udemy (but I can't prove this).

I had one course of mine translated into Spanish for me and it never sold very well.  I was able to give away a lot of free coupons and get a lot of good reviews, but sales flagged.

Hope this helps,

---Brian

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors