Hi instructors!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi instructors!

I look forward to reading your posts here.

Kristin

5 Replies
ScottDuffy
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Be careful with who you pick.

It's so easy to appear to be successful when you are in fact not successful because instructors can give out free coupons and enrol 10s of thousands of free students.  Look for "number of reviews" being the indicator of success, not number of students.

Thank you for this tip. I was reviewing courses with a high volume number of students - but my ultimate goal was to see "what success looked like" in terms of the quality course, course length, type of content.  So I started purchased and reviewed several courses - but based on the high volume of students.   Thanks for alerting me to the "number of reviews" as an indicator of success instead.   

Hi.

I am a trained ICF coach, and mbit( multiple brain integration) coach. Undergoing Udemy advanced to expert coaching. In the verge of completion. 

FrankKane
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Sarah Cordiner offers the sorts of services you're talking about (look her up on Google, I'm not sure if it's OK to link to her directly here.) I've not been a client of hers myself, but I've met her and can vouch that she knows what she's talking about.

Otherwise I will echo Scott's advice to be careful. Most truly successful instructors don't offer coaching services because their time is much better spent updating their courses and creating new ones.

I am creating an infographic (as my checklist - I am a visual person) of the major to-do's as I am creating my first Udemy course.   I want to be able to use this as a blueprint for faster and better development of future courses.  This first one is taking FAR longer than I expected - especially given my background in the L&D industry for 3+ decades.  So I understand your dilemma - because I have the same issue.  I assumed that successful Udemy course authors were busy developing more courses - not coaching.... and I plan to be one also so I need a blueprint and best practices.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.