How do i get students to enroll in my courses?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i get students to enroll in my courses?

Go to solution

Hello to all, I am Grace Slater a Christian Author and a Christian life coach from Monroe, LA.

It is a pleasure for me to be part of this community.

I joined Udemy to share about Christianity and also to teach on my diverse areas of specialization in personal development and English language.  At the moment I already have two published courses with 0 sales and 0 followers and three unfinished ones. I am a little disappointed because I had put in a lot of work trying to get it right for my students but unfortunately the response didn't come as fast as i thought.

I am still new in this and hoping to learn the ropes from other thriving instructors. I will appreciate some guidance, support and encouragement for this family.

Take care everyone and be blessed.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous 

The first thing to understand is that it can be VERY hard to get started on Udemy. The competition in most topics is very fierce. You will need to be very patient.

I do have some comments:

• You have one course named Frenemies: Know Who Your Friends Are. Think about this title from the perspective of a student. With a title like that, how would a student find your course? What would they enter into the Udemy search area to find your course? You might want to consider a better title. 
  • The same pretty much applies to your other course: Quiet time with God. How will students find this course? Would they search for God? For Jesus? For Christianity? For Meditation?

You said you are An Ordained Minister of God, Certified Christian Mindset coach/Personal development coach, Author, Trainer, Motivational speaker, Wife, Mother, Business owner, and an Entrepreneur. This would imply to me you have a lot of contacts. I would suggest you promote your courses to your contacts in these areas to help get you started.

Keep in mind that Udemy will probably not promote your courses because you are a new author with almost zero track record.  You will need to promote yourself to build a little momentum on Udemy and then students will start finding your courses. But, this could take a long time.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Thank you so much RandyMinder for your suggestions.

If I'm not mistaken, the course profile usually has key words that primarily describes what the course is about. For my first course, its listed under personal development and the second is under Christian life  so pretty much easy to find but like you suggested, I would need to self-promote to guide the learners.

I work mainly with 40-50s and senior citizens but my courses are for young people trying to get their bearing in life; personally and spiritually.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous 

The first thing to understand is that it can be VERY hard to get started on Udemy. The competition in most topics is very fierce. You will need to be very patient.

I do have some comments:

• You have one course named Frenemies: Know Who Your Friends Are. Think about this title from the perspective of a student. With a title like that, how would a student find your course? What would they enter into the Udemy search area to find your course? You might want to consider a better title. 
  • The same pretty much applies to your other course: Quiet time with God. How will students find this course? Would they search for God? For Jesus? For Christianity? For Meditation?

You said you are An Ordained Minister of God, Certified Christian Mindset coach/Personal development coach, Author, Trainer, Motivational speaker, Wife, Mother, Business owner, and an Entrepreneur. This would imply to me you have a lot of contacts. I would suggest you promote your courses to your contacts in these areas to help get you started.

Keep in mind that Udemy will probably not promote your courses because you are a new author with almost zero track record.  You will need to promote yourself to build a little momentum on Udemy and then students will start finding your courses. But, this could take a long time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

Thank you so much RandyMinder for your suggestions.

If I'm not mistaken, the course profile usually has key words that primarily describes what the course is about. For my first course, its listed under personal development and the second is under Christian life  so pretty much easy to find but like you suggested, I would need to self-promote to guide the learners.

I work mainly with 40-50s and senior citizens but my courses are for young people trying to get their bearing in life; personally and spiritually.  

AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Students will search in the search bar, so they may type in "friendship" or "God" and not see your courses as it's brand new with no reviews or students it's likely on the last page by searching by category.  Your frienemies course has almost an hour-long intro/preview and only 21 minutes of content outside of the free preview. I am guessing that was an accident, but that will affect sales.  A better title may be focused on making friends, "how to make friends with ease" or "Make friendships easily"  Your other course is a similar, huge free content and only a bit of paid content on the landing page.  The green screen background, lighting, and sound aren't that great either and I would re-record or use the audio-only if possible. The good news is it doesn't look like a very competitive field so there is room for a new best seller!

Unfortunately, Udemy doesn't necessarily bring you students; they will promote courses that are doing well, have high enrollment and sales.  There is a lot of information on the Published Instructor page under Marketing. 

Please share with your e-mail list, gain students, get great reviews and Udemy (may) promote it, move it to page 1, get you a best seller tag, etc.  

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors