How to create a profitable course ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a profitable course ?

Go to solution

Hi, nice to know you all,

I am new to Udemy. I'm planning to create a new course, but feel worried that it would not make any profits. I need your advice, please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Veasna, M.  - welcome to Udemy. The first task is to go to Udemy and search for courses in your area of expertise. Then go to Udemy's Marketplace Insights (under tools) and you will start to get an idea if it is worth pursuing.

It is important to do the groundwork. Really study your competition, watch all of their preview videos - see how you can make a better variation, or how you can stand out. Read their CLP's, make notes on their course images.

If it is a crowded area course wise - ask yourself "what do I need to do to stand out".

If it is a niche like the one I teach - ask yourself "how am I going to attract new eyes (potential students) to this subject area"

It is important that you produce the best course you are able to.

Good luck and enjoy the process

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Veasna, M.  - welcome to Udemy. The first task is to go to Udemy and search for courses in your area of expertise. Then go to Udemy's Marketplace Insights (under tools) and you will start to get an idea if it is worth pursuing.

It is important to do the groundwork. Really study your competition, watch all of their preview videos - see how you can make a better variation, or how you can stand out. Read their CLP's, make notes on their course images.

If it is a crowded area course wise - ask yourself "what do I need to do to stand out".

If it is a niche like the one I teach - ask yourself "how am I going to attract new eyes (potential students) to this subject area"

It is important that you produce the best course you are able to.

Good luck and enjoy the process

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

Go to solution

I have taken your course. You deliver like the master, that you are! That's very important, I believe. Thanks for the tips!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors