How to get good reviews

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get good reviews

Go to solution

Dear all, 

I have 3 courses on udemy and I want to have better and more reviews. 

Some of the reviews were real but Udemy team prevented them as they mentioned that they were made too early and seem they are not based on real opinions. 

Any clues

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi;

Welcome and congrats for your 3 courses.

The process of Udemy review is based on algorism so it's hard to say how they decide about reviews and ratings.

But you must consider these:

1- Be honest and don't play with Udemy system.

2- Don't ask students directly rate you as great and so on...

3- Use free coupons to get more students and ask them politely to see your course in real condition an write the real comments about your course not only say: Great and The best!

4- Don't buy reviews! because they violate Udemy policy and will resulted to penalty.

Regards;

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@NabilElHady

One technique that I use to get good reviews is scan my student course completion records looking for students who have completed 100% of the course but not left a review.  To those students I send a Udemy message asking them to please leave a review.  Note that you should not ask for or even mention a five star review, just remind them to leave a review.  In my message I include a link to the course and brief instructions on how to leave a review to make things easy.

Students who have completed 100% of your course are more likely to leave good reviews.  You can delve deeper into the completion percentage, but I wouldn't go any lower than 90% in case there's a reason the student didn't complete the course.

Hope this helps,

---Brian

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Go to solution

Hi;

The process of Udemy review is based on algorism so it's hard to say how they decide about reviews and ratings.

3- Use free coupons to get more students and ask them politely to see your course in real condition an write the real comments about your course not only say: Great and The best!

4- Don't buy reviews! because they violate Udemy policy and will resulted to penalty.

Regards;

Go to solution

Thank you so much @csking1981 . This makes sense to me.

Have a great day

@csking1981 wrote:

Hi;

Regards;

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@NabilElHady

One technique that I use to get good reviews is scan my student course completion records looking for students who have completed 100% of the course but not left a review.  To those students I send a Udemy message asking them to please leave a review.  Note that you should not ask for or even mention a five star review, just remind them to leave a review.  In my message I include a link to the course and brief instructions on how to leave a review to make things easy.

Students who have completed 100% of your course are more likely to leave good reviews.  You can delve deeper into the completion percentage, but I wouldn't go any lower than 90% in case there's a reason the student didn't complete the course.

Hope this helps,

---Brian

Go to solution

Thank you so much @Anonymous   sounds really amazing. 

Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

@NabilElHady

Hope this helps,

---Brian

Go to solution

Hi Brian - that sounds like a great strategy.  I'm in the same position so will do that too! Nice, thanks! 😉

Go to solution

Interesting! Where do you find the course completion records? Thanks.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @trulery You'll be able to access your student's progress from the student's list, check this article for more information. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.