Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce Yourself!

Hi there!

Welcome aboard, our community is excited to have you here! We'd love to get to know you better, so here's a place for you to introduce yourself (if you’d like) and meet other members as they join.

Some questions you may answer to get your thoughts flowing:

• Who are you?
  • Where are you from?
  • What is your teaching area?
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community?
  • Tell us a fun fact about yourself!

Good to know:

Cheers!

410 Replies

Hi everyone, 

It's me Joe from Egypt,  I am teaching Web design, marketing like shopify, WordPress and fb.

I am just waiting persona verification and udemy review also 😁😁

• Who are you? : My name is Sachie Now. 
  • Where are you from? : I'm from Japan.
  • What is your teaching area? :  I've been teaching English at junior and senior high school in Tokyo.  Here at Udemy, I decide to offer courses about English for Japanese people, especially for moms:-)
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community? : I would like to get into a community of English-speaking instructors so that I can get encouraged and inspired.
  • Tell us a fun fact about yourself! : I speak Japanese, English and also Korean since my husband is Korean. I've learned Spanish at college and have been to Chile. I love learning languages.

Sachie, how awesome that you're trilingual! I wish I had the gift of retaining multiple languages. I'm bilingual (English & Spanish) and in spite of my attempts to learn other languages (French & Portuguese) I didn't have much luck. LOL! I hope you find the community you're searching for. 

Same! Im almost trilingual i speak a bit of italian but mostly English and Afrikaans 🙂

Me too 🙂 i love learning languages ^^

I learn italian, Japanese and german 🙂

Hello everyone,

• Who are you? My name is Terry Martin.
  • Where are you from? I'm from St. Louis, MO USA
  • What is your teaching area? My area (so far) is software development and I have one course published teaching Java. I have over 20 years experience as a professional developer and I've been coding since I was a little kid.
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community? To be aware of what's going on.
  • Tell us a fun fact about yourself! I'm an aspiring composer. I have an album's-worth of instrumental songs in my head but I only record one every 10-15 years (it seems). At this rate, I'll release one album by the time I'm 90 😉 . I'd share the one and only song I've ever finished well enough to share but I don't think I'm allowed to share URLs (if anyone's interested, search YouTube for "Terry Christopher Martin Lullaby"). Also, I enjoy learning human languages from time-to-time. The primary languages I've dabbled in are Japanese, Korean & French.

Hey Terry! Cool song and I'm not sure it matters how old you are as long as you don't let your dream die inside you. Keep sharing that gift every opportunity you get. 

Youre amazing 😄

"Human languages"? Theres more non human languages? Lol

Sure. I'm a computer programmer. We program (or code) in various computer languages.

Ah! Cool 😄

Hello Beautiful Souls! 

My name is Migdalia (Miggy) Rodriguez.

I currently live in North Carolina, USA.

I'm a former educator/school counselor (20+ years) that took a leap of faith into entrepreneurship as an empowerment coach/healing practitioner. I just joined the instructor community so I haven't taught anything yet but working on a program to teach and share tools for women on empowerment and personal development from the perspective of energy. 

I'm a gypsy soul at heart. Born in Puerto Rico but have lived in the US most of my life (WI, OH and NC) but feel the Southwest calling me now, so considering moving again.  I love adventure, hiking, traveling and to me home is where the heart is.  

As a newbie, I'd welcome any insights, pointers and perspectives on creating and sharing courses through Udemy!

Have a magnificent day! 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Miggy! I love that you will be teaching and sharing tools for women's empowerment and personal development! I am personally interested in this subject and would absolutely love to check out your course once you publish it. 😊 

If you need any tips or help from the community, feel free to start your own post anytime!  

Who are you? Hey everyone Im doctor mahnoor 

Where are you from? IM from pakistan 

What is your teaching area? I love to teach medical related subject currently im doing postgraduation in pathology so basically i can teach all pathology related subjects like microbiology , hematology,  clinical chemistry

Why did you join the Instructor Community? To get idea about how udemy works

Geehan from Egypt, I teach Ancient Egyptian Holistic Healing.

I joined the Instructor Community to: learn/get inspired/share experiences.

Fun Fact about me; I love Lions!

Wow! Egyptian Holistic Healing. That sounds really interesting!

Hello All,

I am Vishnu Subramanian, from Texas, US. 
   My teaching area is Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP). 
  I joined the instructor community to communicate with fellow instructors. And find out how to improve my course delivery  and help others as well.

I like outdoors, nature, sports (Cricket, Tennis)

Happy to be part of the community.

Regards,

Vish

Hi everyone😀

I am excited to be here, and so far I enjoy all the experiences @Udemy.

My name is Miki and I currently live in Tokyo Japan. I teach English and Japanese, but I also have a history of working in a couple of multi-national companies. After I quit my previous job for many reasons, I went back to school and started teaching.

I joined the community because I want to learn from everyone and share experiences, too😀

I love to learn foreign languages. I have studied English French, German, Chinese, and currently studying Spanish - and I have to note that I met a wonderful Spanish teacher @ Udemy!

But so far I am successful only in English😁

I enjoy doing yoga and playing the piano. I also love traveling and have been to 30 countries so far. I lived in Malaysia and Singapore.

Thank you for reading and good to know you everyone.

Hello Miki,

Welcome to the community, and congratulations. I wish you much success.

Sincerely,
Jilson

Me too 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.