Introduce Yourself!

Options

Comments

• Teaguy101
    Teaguy101 Posts: 25
    Options

Same! Im almost trilingual i speak a bit of italian but mostly English and Afrikaans

• Teaguy101
    Options

"Human languages"? Theres more non human languages? Lol

• Teaguy101
    Options

Youre amazing

• tcmartin24
    Options

Sure. I'm a computer programmer. We program (or code) in various computer languages.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Miki,

Welcome to the community, and congratulations. I wish you much success.

Sincerely,
    Jilson

• Teaguy101
    Options

Me too

• Teaguy101
    Options

Same

• Teaguy101
    Options

Ah! Cool

• Ramesh Fadatare
    Options

Hi Everyone

• Who are you? : My name is Ramesh.
    • Where are you from? : I'm from India.
    • What is your teaching area? : I've been teaching programming languages and the latest trending web technologies, frameworks, etc.
    • Why did you join the Instructor Community? : I would like to share my experience to help new members, I would like to learn from other members and as I know it is a great community to learn from each other.
    • Tell us a fun fact about yourself! : Apart from teacher, I am good at sports (cricket and football), and dancing as well :).
  • Christopher1087
    Options

Hey Hello,

• My name is Dr. Christopher Jabbo Allen
    • I currently live in Sunny South Florida
    • I am a Marketing professor at Florida International University and Miami Dade College. I am looking to grow my brand by leaning on experienced instructors
    • I love to play golf but I am not that good.
  • Tims_legacy
    Options

Hi there. My name is Tim Wagner and I am from Cape Town in South Africa.

My teaching area is personal development. Although my background was in Hospitality for 27 years I have a passion for helping other develop a new mindset about subjects on money, growth, change and life in general.

Why did I join the instructor community. To learn from those who have been doing this longer than me.

Fun fact. In 2021 The Wife and I sold our house, donated most of our possessions and for 11 months we have been traveling our beautiful country with out two fur kids. My family thinks I'm having a midlife crisis. To me it is a midlife reset!

• FloorWittin283
    Options

Inspiring that you took the step to sell your house and travel!

• Tims_legacy
    Options

At the time it was super scary to loose the security of a home but knowing that adventure is in my sole, I needed to break from the constraints that owning property has. If not now then when!

• DebraAplis028
    Options

My name is Debra

I’m in the US

I’m a nurse with a passion to teach others to be confident caregivers. I’ve wanted to do this for a long time and I believe with an online platform I can reach so many who wish to be caregivers.
    I’ve started writing course material and joined the instructor challenge to get published and hopes to be featured to get others interested in my course. This is the first time ever launching an online class.
    Thank you for having me.

• Bella
    Bella Posts: 3,694
    Options

Welcome, @DebraAplis028
    ! We hope you enjoy Udemy and the community!

• Bella
    Options

Welcome aboard @Christopher1087
    ! It's good to have you here. There are certainly many experienced instructors who can offer you great advice for growing your brand - don't hesitate to post if you have any questions!

All the best!

• Bella
    Options

Hello @Ramesh Fadatare
    , it's nice to meet you!

I'm glad to know you'd like to help new community members. I invite you to join our Welcome Committee group if you're interested in knowing how you can get involved.

• VanessaVivi260
    Options

Hi everyone

I am Vanessa Viviers and I live in Stellenbosch in South Africa.

My first course was for personal development and was busy with my second course on Time Management.

The Instructor Community is very helpful to get to know other instructors and receiving answers to questions one might have.

My hobbies are reading and being outdoors - enjoying nature and also watching movies.

Have a great day

• Ramesh Fadatare
    Options

@Bella
    - I submitted the form to join the Welcome Committee group but there is no response yet from Team.

• Chrisscott007
    Options

Hi Bella,

I am based in London, UK and am v.excited to have just launched my course,

HOW TO HELP YOU TAKE BETTER PORTRAITS

My area is photography, starting with portraiture.

I was introduced to Udemy, by a good friend and IT & marketing professional,

Michelle Hooijmaijers. She might have actually changed my life without knowing!

I am looking forward to engaging with you guys and in the process.

However, I am under no illusions as to

how easy/challenging the process is going to be - wish me luck!

Thanks Chris

• Dr.JodiLaMothe
    Options

Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well. My first course was approved yesterday. Thank you Udemy! I am looking forward to constructive interactions with this Udemy community.

• Who are you?

I am a professor of psychology with a doctorate in education.

• Where are you from?

I am from Los Angeles, California in the United States of America.

• What is your teaching area?

I am an expert in social emotional learning.

• Why did you join the Instructor Community?

I value wisdom and insight. I am here to learn from my colleagues. I hope I can help others as well.

• Tell us a fun fact about yourself!

I love to make candy centerpieces as a waybto destress. It is a creative way to unwind.

• Bella
    Options

It's so nice to have you here, Vanessa!

• Bella
    Options

Hello @Chrisscott007
    , welcome. Make yourself at home here in the community - start asking questions, share your ideas, request feedback... We will be happy to help you so it won't be a challenging process!

• Bella
    Options

Hi @Dr.JodiLaMothe
    , congratulations on getting your first course approved! It's great to have you here in the community. I love your fun fact and I might try making candy centerpieces myself - sounds relaxing!

We're looking forward to getting to know you better!

• Dr.JodiLaMothe
    Options

Hi Bella,

Thank you so much! I usually give the centerpieces to my friends and family for special occasions. Let me know if you need any suggestions on "best practices" when you make your first candy centerpiece. I will be more than happy to oblige.

• Bella
    Options

Hi @Ramesh Fadatare
    , we've received your form response - thank you very much! Our Community Manager will be reaching out to you as soon as possible via the email you provided to send you the invitation to our private group.

• MusharibQayyum5
    Options

ASSALAM-O-ALAIKUM , GOD BLESS YOU DEAR READER .... AND...

HELLOWW EVERYONEEE!! Hope so you smiling THIS is Sir Musharib Qayyum my dear respected colleges.

Teaching Mathematics since 2015 , to different type of students but specially cambridge students.

I am from Pakistan , lahore (the city of gardens).

I am a natural teacher as i am perfect in teaching anything thats is my knowledge..like driving, cooking something etc .. so teaching beacame my passion and then a profession in 2015.

By the grace of God , I have always helped all students(10 out of 10) to improve their grades and result.

I am financially not that much strong and i have to raise a family so i thought to work smarter in this advanced world and i saw udemy community on youtube coincidently. I am very keen and just waiting to start teaching to atleast one student so i can proof my words true.

Please guide me my dear reader if you can and welcome me with a pure heart.

I LOVE YOU ALL MY DEAR COLLEGES AND STUDENTS. TAKE CARE EVERYONE. AGAIN , GOD BLESS YOU EVERYONE THANKS FOR YOUR PRECIOUS TIME.

GOOD-BYEEE!!! ❤❤

• Megan939
    Megan939 Posts: 1
    Options

Hi Everyone

Great to have this opportunity to share our experience and knowledge here.

My name is Megan,I'm from South Africa.

I'm a registered Nurse my main field is midwifery for over 20yrs.

I enjoy sharing my knowledge and look forward to teaching and making a difference to someone's life.

Fun fact:where do I begin,my life is funny,I always wanted to belong to a rock band and play lead guitar...,seriously I love all music,art and everything in between.

• Bella
    Options

Hi @Megan939
    , welcome to the community!

Looks like you are deep down a rock star! We're happy to have you here.

• Bella
    Options

Welcome, @MusharibQayyum5
    ! Passion for teaching is an important attribute for an instructor on Udemy. You'll find many people who share this passion here.