Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce Yourself!

Hi there!

Welcome aboard, our community is excited to have you here! We'd love to get to know you better, so here's a place for you to introduce yourself (if you’d like) and meet other members as they join.

Some questions you may answer to get your thoughts flowing:

• Who are you?
  • Where are you from?
  • What is your teaching area?
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community?
  • Tell us a fun fact about yourself!

Good to know:

Cheers!

410 Replies

Hi, I'm new to this community, from 7-5-2022. I am just excited to be in this elite community, to learn more, to teach as an instructor on Udemy platform. Thank you all. 

Marhaba 🙂

My first course has been published today and I'm so happy to be one of this great community. 

My name is Soha Jawabreh, I'm Jordanian living in United Arab Emirates. Working mom and have 3 daughters.  

I give courses in cooking and cookies baking and my professional area is Project Management, Strategy, Continuous Improvement, Innovation and Creativity and management in general. 

I joined the Instructor Community to get the support and help from other members since this is my first time to post and publish an online course and I'm so excited to continue in this field. 

I like decoration and interior design, shopping for sure and cooking 🙂

Thanks in advance for all of you for supporting and helping me.

Regards,

Soha

Hello Soha Jawabreh,

Welcome to the community, and congratulations on your first course; I wish you much success.

Sincerely,
Jilson

Same 🙂

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Everyone 👋

• Who are you? : My name is Ramesh.
  • Where are you from? : I'm from India.
  • What is your teaching area? :  I've been teaching programming languages and the latest trending web technologies, frameworks, etc.
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community? : I would like to share my experience to help new members, I would like to learn from other members and as I know it is a great community to learn from each other.
  • Tell us a fun fact about yourself! : Apart from teacher, I am good at sports (cricket and football), and dancing as well :).
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Ramesh Fadatare, it's nice to meet you!

I'm glad to know you'd like to help new community members. I invite you to join our Welcome Committee group if you're interested in knowing how you can get involved. 😊

Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@Bella - I submitted the form to join the Welcome Committee group but there is no response yet from Team.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Ramesh Fadatare, we've received your form response - thank you very much! Our Community Manager will be reaching out to you as soon as possible via the email you provided to send you the invitation to our private group. 🙂

Hey Hello,

• My name is Dr. Christopher Jabbo Allen
  • I currently live in Sunny South Florida
  • I am a Marketing professor at Florida International University and Miami Dade College.  I am looking to grow my brand by leaning on experienced instructors 
  • I love to play golf but I am not that good. 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome aboard @Christopher1087! It's good to have you here. There are certainly many experienced instructors who can offer you great advice for growing your brand - don't hesitate to post if you have any questions! 

All the best! 🙂

Hi there.  My name is Tim Wagner and I am from Cape Town in South Africa. 

My teaching area is personal development.  Although my background was in Hospitality for 27 years I have a passion for helping other develop a new mindset about subjects on money, growth, change and life in general.

Why did I join the instructor community.  To learn from those who have been doing this longer than me.

Fun fact.  In 2021 The Wife and I sold our house, donated most of our possessions and for 11 months we have been traveling our beautiful country with out two fur kids.  My family thinks I'm having a midlife crisis.  To me it is a midlife reset!

Inspiring that you took the step to sell your house and travel!

At the time it was super scary to loose the security of a home but knowing that adventure is in my sole, I needed to break from the constraints that owning property has.  If not now then when!

My name is Debra  

I’m in the US

I’m a nurse with a passion to teach others to be confident caregivers. I’ve wanted to do this for a long time and I believe with an online platform I can reach so many who wish to be caregivers. 
I’ve started writing course material and joined the instructor challenge to get published and hopes to be featured to get others interested in my course. This is the first time ever launching an online class. 
Thank you for having me. 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, @DebraAplis028! We hope you enjoy Udemy and the community! 🤗

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome aboard @Thad! Nice to meet you! 

Hi everyone

I am Vanessa Viviers and I live in Stellenbosch in South Africa.

My first course was for personal development and was busy with my second course on Time Management.

The Instructor Community is very helpful to get to know other instructors and receiving answers to questions one might have.

My hobbies are reading and being outdoors - enjoying nature and also watching movies.

Have a great day

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's so nice to have you here, Vanessa! 😊

Hi Bella,

I am based in London, UK and am v.excited to have just launched my course,

HOW TO HELP YOU TAKE BETTER PORTRAITS

My area is photography, starting with portraiture.

I was introduced to Udemy, by a good friend and IT & marketing professional,

Michelle Hooijmaijers. She might have actually changed my life without knowing!

I am looking forward to engaging with you guys and in the process.

However, I am under no illusions as to

how easy/challenging the process is going to be - wish me luck! 

Thanks Chris

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Chrisscott007, welcome. Make yourself at home here in the community - start asking questions, share your ideas, request feedback... We will be happy to help you so it won't be a challenging process! 😊

Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well. My first course was approved yesterday. Thank you Udemy! I am looking forward to constructive interactions with this Udemy community. 🙂

• Who are you?

I am a professor of psychology with a doctorate in education.

• Where are you from?

I am from Los Angeles, California in the United States of America.

• What is your teaching area?

I am an expert in social emotional learning.

• Why did you join the Instructor Community?

I value wisdom and insight. I am here to learn from my colleagues. I hope I can help others as well.

• Tell us a fun fact about yourself!

I love to make candy centerpieces as a waybto destress. 😁 It is a creative way to unwind. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.