Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce Yourself!

Hi there!

Welcome aboard, our community is excited to have you here! We'd love to get to know you better, so here's a place for you to introduce yourself (if you’d like) and meet other members as they join.

Some questions you may answer to get your thoughts flowing:

• Who are you?
  • Where are you from?
  • What is your teaching area?
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community?
  • Tell us a fun fact about yourself!

Good to know:

Cheers!

410 Replies

Hi, everyone my name is Santosh kumar from India. I'm looking for new friends in out of country in Ethical Hacking from Zero to Mastery.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SantoshKumar2025, welcome aboard, excited for you to make new friends in our community! Feel free to start engaging with other instructors on the forum. 🙂

• Who are you?

Hi, my name is Irfaan Ahmed. I am a Computer Science Trainer/Teacher interested in Information Security, Business & Finance and Mental Health and Well-being.

• Where are you from?

Bedfordshire UK.

• What is your teaching area?

Computer Science, in particular, programming (Java, C++, Python), Information Security (Cryptography and Security Mechanisms, Network Security) and Graphic Design (Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop)

• Why did you join the Instructor Community?

Great opportunity to share best practices with other professionals.

• Tell us a fun fact about yourself!

Due to a teacher shortage whilst doing my first job after graduating, I was asked to teach adults web design with zero teaching experience or qualifications. Waffled through my first lesson (saw that as an inspiration to improve) and have not looked back (that was over 17 years ago) 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @IrfaanAhmed, I hope you're having a great week! That's a very interesting fun fact. It's so nice to get to know you -- thank you for sharing a bit about yourself. Welcome and good luck on your Udemy journey! 

Hi everyone,

Let me introduce myself once again.

Myself Ameer from India.

I am very passionate about teaching.

I have started teaching on  RPA from 2017 and as of now I taught more than 25000 students and employees for free. And also,I am self learner.

I have joined the udemy community to understand more about udemy and I want to help more students.

As of now I have created 5 courses in udemy, but compare to all I am junior.

I have very less students in udemy.

Frankly I have no idea, how to market the courses. Every day I am fighting myself, how to reach the course more students. Any suggestions, please let me know and I am very happy to learn.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there Ameer @LearningTech! We are more than happy to help you with any questions you may have about marketing. If you haven't seen it yet, we have a compilation of the best posts in the community created by instructors on how to market your course. 

You can also feel free to post your questions in the Marketing forum. We have instructors from many different backgrounds and experiences, and I'm sure someone will be able to give you some new insights and feedback to help you boost your sales! 🙂

Aloha I am June because I was borned in June

I am from Malaysia my superpower is to be able to help my students to get over the fear & to create 7 videos in a week !

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi June, This is actually such an adorable fact about your name, thanks for sharing! 😊

Also, creating 7 videos in a week is definitely a superpower - you have to share your secret tips with the community. 👀🦸

Welcome aboard! 

Hello everyone! 

My name is Bruce and I live in a coastal town on the east coast of Canada. Brrrr, it's cold here in Canada. Just kidding - the water at the beach where we live reaches 80 degrees Fahrenheit every summer. 

My background is the corporate world where I climbed from waiter to CEO. Now, I'm semi-retired and I've been teaching part-time in the Commerce faculties at both a university and a college as something that is fun for me to do.

I learned from my university students that they were keen on understanding what really goes on behind-the-scenes in the business world - this led to me starting a SYSK (Stuff You Should Know) series of mini lectures on topics such as Standing Out at Work, How to Get the Job You Want, Presenting to Senior Leaders and more.

And those are the topics I intend to teach here on Udemy, with my first published course about getting the job you want.

Fun fact? I raced motocross as a teen and now, in my late sixties, I still ride a dirt bike. It's as fun now as it was then. 

I intend to learn from all of you, and pass on to you the insights I've discovered while teaching on Udemy.

Kind regards,

Bruce

At a local track in my late sixties.At a local track in my late sixties.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Bruce! @H.BruceJone026 the first thing I thought when I saw your comment was: now that's an adventurous instructor! 😄🏍️ I'm so happy you get to do what you love and be authentic to it.  

Looks like you have a lot of knowledge and experience to share! We are super excited to have you in the Instructor Community. If you ever need any help, feel free to let us know! 😊

Thanks Bella. I have a lot to learn!

Hi Bella. My career has essentially been marketing and sales based.  For new product development and in order to determine the market potential of new products prior to launch, I always conducted market research with potential target markets. Is there any way to conduct research with a) Udemy university students who will be graduating soon and b) people in the workforce who are looking to get ahead via Udemy? 

I have the feeling that most of Udemy's business students are focused on technical skills rather than interpersonal skills (that are just as critical for career success) but I don't know for sure. 

Do you, or your peers have any  suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks so much,

Bruce

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @H.BruceJone026 sorry for the delay in seeing your message. It's a great idea to conduct market research! At the moment, we don't have a way to filter specifically for the audience and criteria that you've mentioned, but I believe this group is best represented in the Udemy Business program, and for that, the Udemy Business team has put together a Priority Topics list which is a great resource for instructors to see what topics their learners are interested in and what they're currently planning on adding to the collection. 

We’re always working to expand our content collection, and regularly receive specific content requests from customers.

We also have the Marketplace Insights tool to help you research these topics. When you land on the Marketplace Insights page, you’ll see a list of “Promising Topics” which are currently in high demand. If you see a topic on the list that you’re knowledgeable about, this could be a great teaching opportunity.

Otherwise, continue to enter your topic into the search field and hit enter and the tool will show you useful data and high-level information including the topic’s student demand based on the learner search volume, the topic’s supply based on the number of courses on the marketplace in this topic, and monthly revenue information to help you understand this topic’s revenue potential.

I hope this helps!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Thank you Bella!

The list of priority topics is a great piece of intel for me as I've worked in all the marketing areas and have been teaching those subjects part time at University.

Very helpful.

Kind regards,

Bruce 

hello guys

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! @fercho2022 How are you doing?

Bella_0-1667350314796.gif

Are you interested in becoming a Udemy instructor? Let us know how we can help! 😊

Hi everyone! I’m Melanie from Devon in the UK. I have just launched my first course on healing with crystals. I’m also a Reiki Master and Tarot Reader so I will probably write my next course in one of those areas!

I love teaching others, I used to work as an HR Manager so I did a fair bit of it in my former career. Teaching online appeals to me more as I have the time to tweak and perfect the course. 

Fun fact: I decided one day to overcome my fear of heights by jumping out of a plane at 15,000 feet!

Good to be here!

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome aboard @MelanieStevens183, we're excited to have you here!

Congratulations on launching your first course! 👏 How is everything going so far?

And OMG, your fun fact made my jaw drop! 😮 My one question is: did it work or do you still fear heights? 

Ahh well that's the thing, sadly, yes I do!!  But I'm so proud of myself for doing it.  And I can now get up a stepladder without wobbling too much so I'm definitely better!  I even painted the ceiling in my spare room.

But put me anywhere near a cliff's edge and I panic so it hasn't gone!! 😂

Hi Everyone 

I am a Tabla percussion teacher and i am in the prosess of finishing my second course Part 2

I started learing the Tabla drum from the age of 3 years old, and have performed all overy the world and have over 30 years of experience playing and teaching.

Could anyone advise me when is it the best time to launch my second course, December or January 2023 or a nother month, to maximize the chances of success of the course.

Many Thanks

Mendi

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MendiSingh, welcome to the community! 

That's a great question. Udemy's January sales are known for being successful for most instructors. I would recommend launching your course as soon as possible so you can start generating social proof, thus making your course appeal more to prospective students come January. You're able to update your course after publishing it, so you can always make adjustments as you go.

But if your course is not ready by then, it's never too late! We'll be here to help you each step of the way. Feel free to ask questions in the Studio U and we'll be happy to assist. 😊

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.