Introducing myself

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing myself

Hi there, I've just joined Udemy so looking forward to learning top tips from the experts here!

I have years of experience as a trainer and facilitator, running workshops etc. but it's always been in person rather than online so this is a new way forward for me!  I really want my work to reach as globally as possible, but there's only one of me, so this seemed the best way forward.

I'd really appreciate any advice on the key differences between the workshops and training I do in person and those here - I'm just a bit concerned that I can't simply take what I do in person and put it all here, so what are your top tips for the transition to online delivery please?

Thanks so much 🙂

3 Replies

Hi @LorraineAll483,

Before anyone else jumps in, I wanted to welcome you to our new community! This is definitely the place to get help and support in your new instructor journey. Have you checked our official course creation resources in the Udemy website? I think you might find some of these videos beneficial. Check them out here: https://www.udemy.com/user/udemymanager/ Hope it helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Thanks Abbie, yes I've been working my way through the official resources on the website which are really helpful, however I'm still struggling with the audio/video syncing which is taking up way too much of my time! Guess I'll get there in the end but would rather be writing course content!

Hypnodan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Before I had a camcorder with a mic input I used to have to synch my audio and video. Initially I manually did this by clapping and synching the clap manually in video editing software finding the audio waveform of the clap and lining them up. Then I got VideoStudio software which has a multi-cam option where you just drop the audio file and video file into the programme, press synch and they synch up automatically. That was far more accurate and simple and creates a file with the audio and video synched rather than having the synched audio and video file separate on the time line and having to either save it all as a master copy (which is time consuming) or hoping I don't accidentally edit/crop one part, like the video, but not the audio and then end up with it out of synch again.

I still use the same software, but now have a microphone going straight into my camcorder so that I don't have to synch anything up. It is only when I do things where I will be too far away from the camcorder for this to be a suitable option where I synch audio and video together.

All the best

Dan

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.