Introducing myself

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing myself

Go to solution

Hiya everyone, newbie here...I am so excited and nervous at the same time but so looking forward to publishing my very first course. Any words of encouragement or advice are more than welcomed...actually PLEASE ANYONE!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Hypnodan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi, 

Welcome, Udemy offers great opportunity to help others and make an income doing so. I would say it is important to not just focus on whatever course you are first making but also on how you will kick-start some initial sales to help Udemy's algorithms see it is worth promoting / showing your course to people in organic searches and also for affiliates to want to promote the course and have the course promoted by Udemy on Facebook ads etc. 

So it is important to be thinking about and working on creating a buzz around the course you are developing and making sure if you don't already have an audience you are working at building one. 

When I launched my first course I had a few hundred Facebook page followers, my aim was to try to get thirty paid students to my course in the first thirty days to kick-start sales. I don't go chasing reviews ,they will happen ,I just shared with friends and family and followers that I had a new course ,how it was helpful and offers discounted access and asked friends and family to share. About a year and a bit later I was a full time Udemy instructor. 

I look forward to seeing your milestone posts... 

I also recommend taking Udemy's own courses.

All the best 

Dan 

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Perfect, Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Hypnodan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi, 

Welcome, Udemy offers great opportunity to help others and make an income doing so. I would say it is important to not just focus on whatever course you are first making but also on how you will kick-start some initial sales to help Udemy's algorithms see it is worth promoting / showing your course to people in organic searches and also for affiliates to want to promote the course and have the course promoted by Udemy on Facebook ads etc. 

So it is important to be thinking about and working on creating a buzz around the course you are developing and making sure if you don't already have an audience you are working at building one. 

When I launched my first course I had a few hundred Facebook page followers, my aim was to try to get thirty paid students to my course in the first thirty days to kick-start sales. I don't go chasing reviews ,they will happen ,I just shared with friends and family and followers that I had a new course ,how it was helpful and offers discounted access and asked friends and family to share. About a year and a bit later I was a full time Udemy instructor. 

I look forward to seeing your milestone posts... 

I also recommend taking Udemy's own courses.

All the best 

Dan 

Go to solution

Perfect, Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.