Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let's welcome our new members! [October 2023]

EN-Welcome.png

Hello 😊,

We're delighted to extend a warm welcome to our newest members who joined us in the Instructor Community in October. 

Let's take a moment to welcome 👏

@AbbaAdamu418, @Aaroncayc, @AbbaAliMehd184, @AbdullahMug942, @AbdulWahabW, @AkshataMene173, @Alfie ward art, @Alicia-Atelier-Marquise, @AnkitKhanna538, @Batuhan377, @Blackhacker961, @Benodenigbo, @cagoravgoyal, @CFZAcademyM323, @ChrisWright029, @Damilareseun, @ConradiusStarlight, @ColinFlemin368, @claire040315, @DILLYARA, @DawudaAbdul546, @Djil1902, @Dr. Testai, MD, @Dr.ArathiAagama, @Dr.kashmalaRph, @DrIsmaeilMo325, @FarhanAhmad, @Ferwin1, @FilizCeliks, @Flixpin08, @GersendeCo982, @HolistAkadem, @Gomacmal291, @Hany_Mansy, @JackyZiki662, @JamieHedger, @Jay De Koninck, @JK1986, @john@MyServiceMonitor.com, @JonasFranci989, @jpdm90, @Kummaragunt144, @LearnAnywhe806, @LorraineNor199, @MashaLaunhe047, @Mayoorhan969, @MDell798, @Mentalcoach Sabine, @MessiUo798, @MuhammadHas825, @MuhammadWas416, @Naku_AI, @NKConcierge, @Obsessive Costuming Dude, @Omogolo441, @Orion546, @PamelaLudue622, @Piyusdutta568, @Przdnt, @QuellsGalore, @RachnaYadav730, @ReeceGunnin215, @SaadShah318, @Rezajahani956, @SabonnaAKee750, @saTrun6, @sgarimella, @SHAIKKHALEE478, @SherefAshra599, @ShivanshuJha1622, @Shubham720, @ShubhangiBa481, @SopuluMicha444@SterlingAce588, @SubarnaRoy835, @StockMarketMentor, @TanviK_23, @TerenceRega778, @TrruptiAKhan369, @Valeri756, @UpendoKitun326, @vicmaster, @Vidit999, @VivekSharma027, @WaelALAmri599, @WaleedElaya282, @Yigit.Altun565, @yinonby

Whether you're just getting started or you've been teaching online for years, this is a place where you can connect with others, share your experiences, and learn from each other. If you're new to the community, here are a few things you can do to get started:

• 👋 Introduce yourself: Write a post and tell us a little bit about yourself, your background, and your teaching experience.
  • 👉 Do you have questions for the other instructors or the Udemy team? Don't hesitate, and create a post!
  • 💡Check out our monthly themes: Every month, we share a calendar of discussions and resources around a specific theme to help you grow as an online instructor.
  •  Join our coffee chats: Every month, we host a virtual coffee chat where you can connect with other members and discuss a variety of topics related to online teaching. 

We're thrilled to have you join us, and we're excited to connect with you and support you on your journey on Udemy.

Cheers,

Udemy Community Team

10 Replies

Thanks Marina for such a warm welcome !

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

You are very welcome 😊. Please do not hesitate to start a conversation if you have any questions! 

See you! 🙌

Lovely Marina 🙂

Thank you very much!

Uao, many new members in a single month, this is really a fast growing community.

And we can feel the power of this community, so:  1 + 1 = 3

Let's grow in every possible way 🙂

Žiga

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @HolistAkadem

Yesss! And you are now a part of this fast-growing community. Yay! 😊

How has your experience been so far?  Remember, we are always there for you, and please let us know if you have any questions. 

Thank you, Marina!

Regarding my experience so far - to be perfectly honest, I'm having mixed feelings.

You see, at the beginning everything was fine. The whole process of creating and publishing my first course was great.

However, then I received negative feedback from my students that they were not able to open / play the course or give a rating.

I did address this issue to your tech-support. They double-checked the situation and said that everything looks fine. But obviously there was a problem.

Well, I have to be honest and say that I am a little bit disappointed. I do expect the link (with a coupon) that I send out to work flawlessly - a simple click on the link should do the job.

But if it doesn't work, you try again and again, then it gets frustrating. And I do understand the students - if the link doesn't work they move on.

Well, I sincerely hope that there are not even more unreported issues.

Is there anyone else out there with similar problems?

Thanks Marina for such a warm and prestigious welcome,

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FarhanAhmad

You are very welcome!

I hope we will see you engaging in the community 😊. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to start a conversation. 

Hello there ! 

Thx Marina for the welcome ! I am Alicia, a French sewing instructor based in Spain. I have been teaching "in person" sewing classes since 2019 and transitioned to online classes after Covid. I have been struggling so far honestly 😅: not with building a product but with the digital marketing part of it. I tried (it felt like) 1 million things to get my classes to sell with very little recurring results. Udemy is kind of my last try at the exercice before I switch to something else.

Fortunately, I published my first course a bit before Black Friday and already earned 40$ from it in a week ! Even though it's a small amount, I am quite happy as I made very little communication around it so far, so I can expect even better results as a I get better at it. 

Or it might juste be the BF effect 🤣 I am not sure yet ! 

3 questions for the instructors : 

1. What are the best "selling times" of the year on Udemy ? I am guessing there are moments when people are more inclined in buying from the platform, I would be interested to know more about it to concentrate my efforts around those times. 

2. I created 2 exercices by mistake (before seeing I can add a resource directly under a video) but the platform won't let me erase them for several weeks, is there a way around it ? I'd hate to keep empty contents that will discredit the rest of my work. 

3. My course is published but I don't have yet access to the published instructor club, is that normal ? 

Thanks for the help ! 

Alicia 

Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Alicia-Atelier-Marquise We’re glad to have you here! 😊

It's great that you made 40 USD during our Black Friday sale! Well done! 👏

If you want to learn more about marketing your courses, I recommend checking out our Best Instructor Posts of All Time — Marketing here; these should provide helpful insights and best practices from other instructors.

I also recommend watching this webinar we had a few months ago, Webinar Replay: 5 Things Every Instructor Should Do After Publishing.

In regard to the best-selling times, Udemy actively promotes your courses throughout the year, if you are part of the Deals Program. One of our most significant sales events is Black Friday, which occurred recently.

The "Delete" option has been temporarily disabled, once the option is available, you will be able to delete the exercises.

I apologize for the inconvenience of you not being able to access the published instructor club. You should be able to access it now.

Best regards

Thx Bessy for the insight, will work on it right away.

Best 

Alicia 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors