My introduction

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My introduction

Hey everyone,  I'm Richard, and am so excited to join here.    I have spent many years teaching comp sci at the College and University levels - and have recently decided to take time off and work on my passion project here.  I am creating a course for students who are looking at getting into electronic music production in Ableton, but plan on teaching a little differently.  Instead of teaching Ableton traditionally, I am going to focus on creating music that stirs emotion in the listener.   The course will be called "intuitive Music Production with Ableton Live".    My goal is to have student learn music production by using an artists mindset.     Anyhow, for now just wanted to introduce myself, and say hi to everyone here.

4 Replies

Hi Richard, I am Amina, welcome to Udemy, I am one of the people interested in becoming a course creator but still scared to post courses. Greeting to you.

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AminaDigitalNow

It's normal to feel nervous at the beginning, but practice helps! We're always happy to help and support you in the community. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Welcome to Udemy, and greetings to you as well!😊

Hi Amina, and nice to meet you!   What type of content are you planning on teaching? :).   Wish I could give you some tips or advice, but I'm new as well.  I recall being nervous to get in front of classrooms, but as soon as the first word comes out - it all becomes natural..  I'm guessing it may be the same here..  you'll never know till you just do it...   good luck, and great to meet you.  Seems like an awesome community here.

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Codabass

Welcome aboard! 😊 Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself.

If you have any questions along the way, feel free to explore the community or start a discussion.

We are always happy to help! 

Did you know we offer free and official courses about teaching on Udemy? If not, I recommend checking them out here.

MarinaT_0-1718725488753.gif

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.