New Instructor sharing her milestones

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Instructor sharing her milestones

So, a massive hello from me. I am fairly new to online course design even though I do have teaching experience.

I feel likke I spend most evening completing a vast array of research, including watching, listening to Udemy support video tutorials.

Currently, I have created 4 course overviews, including section titles, lecture titles and several presentations. I am still debating whether to run with these and am currently doing some market research.

I have created a couple of sample video and screen casts which, at this point, (and I don't mind admitting) I am too embarrassed to share. I will set myself a deadline to have my first mini course online by the end of this month. I'd be happy to hear other instructors thoughts on me doing a revision tutorial course for Literature exams that only one hour long, with some bonus content on relaxation techniques before exams.

Plus, after watching a recent TED talks video this morning, I've learned that the average attention span for students online is around 3 minutes 50 seconds. I'll factor that into my lectures timings.

Please feel free to reach out to me if any of these things are resonating with you.

1 Reply
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello hello Tammy, and welcome to our community! 😊

Glad to hear you've been working on your course, it sounds like you have been familiarizing yourself with Udemy and preparing the best content for your future students already - that's great!

You don't need to feel embarrassed to share your sample videos here, we're all a big family here and we're all learning from each other. If you feel like you want to get some feedback, we have a special space for this in this thread

Let me know if you have any questions or if you need help with anything!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors