New Udemy Instructor for Computer Science

Options

Hello I am Linda127 and I began homeschooling my three children 3 years ago. Started teaching at the 3rd grade with my oldest. We are now starting 7th grade, my other two is in 6th grade, and 5th grade. Which, I currently teach as well. I quickly realized my passion for teaching and would like to teach something that I really get into and enjoy. My passion has always been technology, so I decided to teach on Computer Science, beginning with Programming Languages and Internet Security. I believe that I will do well since I am in my third year at Colorado Technical University, and majoring in Computer Science. I am close to achieving my bachelor's degree however I intend to stay in school and go on to my Masters degree in Computer Science.

Comments

• RandyMinder
    RandyMinder Posts: 627 Community Champion rank
    Options

@Linda127
    - Hello and welcome. The single most important piece of advice I could give you is to research how many courses already exist in the topic area you are considering before you start creating your course.

I cannot tell you how many instructors create a course in a particular topic, get no sales in the first several weeks or months and failed to realize there are already 200 courses covering the topic.