New here, question about banned course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New here, question about banned course

Hi, 

My name is Eric Keller, I just published 3 courses over the past two months. These are my first Udemy courses. They were just getting attention and some good reviews. Then I looked today to see that one of the courses was banned. I never got an email or notification and I can't figure out why it was banned or how to get it reinstated. Please help as I have just started promoting these courses. 

Eric Keller

3 Replies
DavidV.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bloopatone 

Thanks for reaching out. I'll be happy to help! 

I am so sorry to hear that your course is banned. Unfortunately, here in the community, we don't have the tools to check this for you since it's an account-level inquiry, and only the Policy team can look into this for you. The response time in these cases may vary depending on the specific situation. We appreciate your patience while the team gets back to you. You can request your ticket by reaching back again to policy@udemy.com. Thanks!

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

David V.

Community Moderator 

Thanks for your advice. I sent a message to policy@udemy.com. Is this a fixable situation? I have no idea why the course was banned and I can't edit or manage the course. Am I going to have to re-record and re-submit? what other steps do I need to take to fix this? I'm very concerned that this will tarnish my reputation as an instructor, I reputation I've literally spent decades building. I hope to hear form policy department soon but I  don't know what to do if they don't get back to me.  Here is the message I sent: 

​"Hi there, 

I just found out one of the new courses I launched last month was banned and I have no idea why! Please let me know what the reason behind the ban is and how I can fix it. I have put a lot of time and money into promoting the course online and now people can't take it. Please help! If I did something wrong I need to know how to fix it. The course is called "ZBrush for Jewelry Designers: Sculpting a Printable Violin". Attached is a screenshot showing the ban notification. 

Eric Keller
bloopatone"

Hi everyone. Udemy restored my course and it is live again. Thanks to whoever helped this. I'm guessing maybe it was an error but seems to be resolved! It was only down for a day or so. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors