New instructor

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New instructor

Hello all, 

I'm working in preparing my first course about construction project management at udemy platform.

I'm planning to upload it within October 2021.

So guys, do you have any advice to me before the uploading and start teaching at udemy platform? 

6 Replies
Salil Dhawan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

You should have a marketing plan, a strategy on how you will sell the course, ideally also an audience on any other social media outside Udemy to whom you can sell the course. If you don't have a way to sell you will end up wasting effort, time and energy on creating the course.

Noted , Thank you 🙂 

While you create your course, build an audience on social media by teaching subtle information for free, for example (tips and tricks, lists, pros & cons, topic of the day, etc). Providing value to your customer before they buy can make a huge difference and when you build that connection, they'll be eager to buy your course. Not to mention that you can gain the biggest amount of revenue when a student uses your promotional link. 

Noted

Welcome!   I'm new here, too, but my best advice probably works with most businesses:  Focus FIRST on the quality of your product (course) and SECOND on marketing.  If your course is great, you can always adjust your marketing over time and in the meantime, you'll get referrals from satisfied students.  If your course isn't good, no amount of marketing can fix bad reviews.  Good luck!

Thank you,

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors