Published my first course & now looking to reach maximum people

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Published my first course & now looking to reach maximum people

Go to solution

Udemy is a great platform for teaching enthusiasts & I strongly believe in that. After successfully publishing my first course 'Basics of Halal Stock Market', I am trying to promote it on various platforms to reach maximum audience. While I think publishing a course is easy, promoting a course is not. 

As I have just started my journey at Udemy, I am looking to interact with people with a similar mindset & someone who can guide, teach, mentor, suggest, etc to better promote my course.

Basics of Halal Stock Market Screenshot (156).png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Assalamualikum brother @mffaizanboss ,

Glad to hear your are teaching something amazing on Udemy.

So to get students on udemy, first of all you need a social proof and to have that social proof you can try udemy coupons or you can list your course for free for a month. But in my opinion creating free coupons for your courses is the best idea where you can get 3000 free enrollments per month and when you have students and ratings. udemy will promote your course and you will get amazing results.

JazakAllah,

Khadin

View solution in original post

Go to solution

Hi @mffaizanboss 

Udemy is very big market, but please remember students are also spoilt for choices. Lot of courses are available on almost every topic and already have established players.

I follow 3 steps when I create new courses

- Create high quality contents and act on feedback for further improvement.

- Promote courses on my social media, through online lectures, to already enrolled students etc (Do targeted marketing instead of randomly distributing free coupons)

- Have lot of patience (If you are thinking of quick success, then please tone down your expectations. On certain medias, there might be concept of something going viral, but viral type of thing will not happen on Udemy)

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Go to solution

Assalamualikum brother @mffaizanboss ,

Glad to hear your are teaching something amazing on Udemy.

So to get students on udemy, first of all you need a social proof and to have that social proof you can try udemy coupons or you can list your course for free for a month. But in my opinion creating free coupons for your courses is the best idea where you can get 3000 free enrollments per month and when you have students and ratings. udemy will promote your course and you will get amazing results.

JazakAllah,

Khadin

Go to solution

Walaikum Assalam brother. 

Thanks for opening doors for such ideas. I am exploring the different features to see how things work. I wasn't sure about giving away the course for free but I still gave it a try & saw the number of students skyrocketing. 

And MashaAllah, really impressed with your courses, wishing you more & more success.

Would love to hear & learn more things from you going forward. 

JazakAllah.

Go to solution

Hi @mffaizanboss 

Udemy is very big market, but please remember students are also spoilt for choices. Lot of courses are available on almost every topic and already have established players.

I follow 3 steps when I create new courses

- Create high quality contents and act on feedback for further improvement.

- Promote courses on my social media, through online lectures, to already enrolled students etc (Do targeted marketing instead of randomly distributing free coupons)

- Have lot of patience (If you are thinking of quick success, then please tone down your expectations. On certain medias, there might be concept of something going viral, but viral type of thing will not happen on Udemy)

Go to solution

Hey Vipin, thanks a lot for sharing this information. Your 2nd point struck my attention & would like to know how targeted marketing is done; would love to hear more about this. Appreciate your time!

Go to solution

I work in IT field which is very vast with many domains and subdomains. So in our case, not everybody will be interested in enrolling in each one of your courses

* With 27 years of experience in IT field, I have got contact list available about which person works in which particular domain and subdomain. So I use that list.

* I conduct lot of workshops (offline/online) (1 to 5 days) on different domains. So there I share details of my online courses which are relevant to them.

* On social media, there are groups on each and every domain. So I use them.

One important thing, I started promoting my courses only from last few months with good results. Initially I use to publish the course and move to creating next course with the thinking that automatically student will join the course. I used to think that publishing course is the most important thing. But I learned it in hard way that publishing the course is just first step and making people aware about that course is the next and perhaps the most important step.

Go to solution

Vipin,

That makes total sense.

You can build the best product in the world, but if no one knows it exists... it doesn't matter!

John

Go to solution

Good luck, all the best.

Go to solution

Thanks for sharing this, I need to change my mindset towards promoting my course 

Go to solution

Good luck, and all the best.

Go to solution

HI @mffaizanboss,
Welcome to the Instructors community, and thank for asking great questions.
I watched a little bit of your video introducing the course.
I am sure you will have great success with your course.
If, I may, I like to point out that you could offer the course free for one month, that way you 
get students to generate some reviews.
I totally agree with the replies you have gotten from the instructors on promoting your course through 
various media channels to attract possible students.
Allow me also to give a candid observation: adding a human face to your video and bringing passion and enthusiasm into your talk will greatly enhance the students thirst to buy your course.
Good luck,
best regards

Ahmed Jendoubi, Ph.D.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.