Quality of video drops when uploaded

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of video drops when uploaded

Im just wondering why my videos that looked ok on my computer have lost so much quality and resolution when uploaded. Has anyone else had these issues?

5 Replies

@JamieHedger please report this to Udemy Instructor Support.

I've been complaining about this issue for the past week, primary for promo videos and I haven't heard anything back yet.

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MichaelPog

Thank you for jumping in here 😊. I noticed the team followed up with you in the meantime and is currently investigating the issue. We are very sorry for the circumstances and get back to you as soon as we have an update 🤞

Hi @MarinaT . The team has not followed up with me.

I followed up with them twice, and there is still no progress or update on it.

The resolution of the promo video on half of my courses and courses on Udemy is terrible. Updating the resolution manually doesn't work.

Here is the ticket: https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/requests/8441474

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @JamieHedger

Thank you for your post! 

I'm sorry to hear about the decline in video quality. Is this affecting all your videos, or is it specific to the preview/promo video? If it's the latter, our team is currently investigating the issue.

If you're experiencing issues with all of your course videos, I recommend reaching out to our support team for investigations. You can also request them to enable adaptive streaming (1080p) for your course, as this will enhance the video quality. You can click here to contact our internal team. (Please note that you need to publish your course first for the team to enable 1080p) 

I hope this helps, and please let us know if you have additional questions 😊

ok thank you, it was not a promo video. However, actually Im still waiting for feedback on the sample I provided so I better see if thats ok before I go any further. Do you have a link to udemys recommendations about what to upload?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors