Question to all the Russian Instructors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question to all the Russian Instructors

Hello everyone. 

I've been a Udemy instructor since 2020, and because of the sanctions right now, my payments for courses are stuck. I am located in Russia currently, but my courses are mostly in English.

Did any of you find solution to this problem? I would really appreciate any input. 

7 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AmaraMarina143,

Due to the evolving situation and the complexities involved in financial sanctions, we are advising instructors residing in Russia and Belarus to contact Payoneer or PayPal directly and inquire about whether their specific account could be impacted.

I am also tagging @Human-Science in this post since he recently informed us about this in the community. Hopefully, he will be able to offer his input here.

Please let me know if there's anything we can help you with! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

@BellaI don't really have any further details. I just wanted to urge instructors to check out their accounts.

Paul Newham
Human Science

Hello! Have the commom question. I've just created account here. Excited to be the part of this commutiny. But if it possible nowadays to be here as russian instructor. For example if I add not mine paypal account? I mean europian resident's paypal?

You can still be an instructor.

But you will not be able to earn money for the courses sold. PayPal and Payoneer payment systems have stopped working in our country.

The time has come to address our colleagues from all over the world. Perhaps one of them will lend a helping hand. We have the option to add a partner instructor for any of the courses and set a revenue sharing share. Thus, all income from the course can be given to the partner instructor. The next step is to negotiate the transfer of funds. And this is already happening outside of Udemy. Fortunately, there are such possibilities.
I would very much like the possibility of cheap education to remain out of politics. Peace for everyone!

Hello! Have you resolved the issue? I am creating my first course and confused with payment methods (I am from Belarus).

There is only one method mentioned above: you make someone in other countries a co-instructor. That's how I do it. It is not convenient, you pay probably more taxes (your co-instructor does), but so far it is the only way. 

Thanks, Amara!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.