Review Overall Rating System

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review Overall Rating System

Hey I'm a new instructor here on Udemy and I'm a bit confused on how the overall review system works. I have a new course uploaded and it had 7 -> 5 stars review and 1 that was 4.5 so my overall review score was 4.94 which was mathematically accurate to a certain degree

Now someone left me a review of 3.5 and my overall review plummeted to 4.47 which is really weird. How are these overall review stars calculated? 

What would have happened if someone just left a 1 star review and forgot? my overall review for the course would have probably became 3.0. If someone has an answer please do let me know it feels frustrating and a bit unfair...

4 Replies

yes, this is like this, if someone gives a 1 start then your whole rating comes down and you then need at least ten 4 and 5 stars to reach again above 4 --- its confusing , I am also looking to understand this

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MichelMurr112  1-star and 5-star ratings are weighted the same in course ratings. Udemy does not weight lower ratings stronger than higher ratings. The course rating is a weighted average of your course reviews in the last 90 days. Some reviews are more helpful than others, so we weight reviews with more written feedback, from students who consumed more of the course, etc. more than reviews with no feedback or from a student who only took a few minutes of your course. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Acredito que talvez por isso, a Udemy orienta a interagir com os alunos compradores, para técnica de garantir que "talvez" eles possam avaliar melhor o curso. Ainda não experimentei.

Hi @ThaisSouzaA450 

Welcome to the community! This post has the information you may need regarding audiovisual production. Also, please note that while you can always chip in conversations here if it's better for you language-wise, we also have a community in Portuguese. You can find it here: https://community.udemy.com/t5/Portugu%C3%AAs/ct-p/PT

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.