Suggestions to promote new course after it's creation?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions to promote new course after it's creation?

A few months ago I created 2 courses and hired someone on Fiverr to promote them, using free coupons. I got 3,000 new students within a few days. A very small percentage wrote a review. Udemy suspended my account for 30 days stating that I had misused the "review" process. After several emails back and forth, they still never told me what I did wrong, so I'm still in the dark and I have not done any promotion since.

What I'd like to find out from the community is what everyone is using outside of the internal Udemy promotion tools? 

Tks! 

3 Replies

Hello 🙂

I agree with the predecessor.

Instead of deciding that our promotional codes reach people who will not be interested in the content of the course anyway, it is better to direct them to those who will benefit from it and will be happy to leave good feedback.

You can run advertising campaigns in Google Ads / FB Ads that will direct attention to the possibility of joining courses (in which they are interested) for free.

In addition, it is worth considering whether there are people among our friends and relatives who could benefit from such a course 🙂

Good luck 🙂

Udemy has the responsibility to tell you your mistake if any. I wish that I could get that many students, I have two students after spending money for ads on social media. I hope you still have those students. Good luck.

Hii,

Many instructors facing Udemy's limitations on promotions are turning to external platforms like social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), educational forums (Reddit, Quora), and YouTube. They create engaging content, share course insights, and offer valuable advice to attract organic interest.

Best regard,
YourTexasBenefits
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors