Take a breath: How do you restore your inner balance?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Take a breath: How do you restore your inner balance?

MarinaT_0-1691421276642.png

Dear instructors 😊,

Teaching online can be an enriching experience, but let's not forget that it can also come with stressful situations and challenges.

We understand it can be mentally draining, dealing with occasional negative reviews or demanding students looking for guidance. This makes it even more important to prioritize self-care and maintain a healthy mental balance ⚖️

So, we want to know: What do you like doing to restore your inner balance?

We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!👇

2 Replies

Inner balance is key to mental health. I work on mindset, how I view people. The reason I teach is for them, not me. Taking care of myself to always bring my A game is so important. It’s like putting on the oxygen mask first on the airplane before we care for anyone else. Feels selfish, it’s not. It’s necessary. So I read my devotionals daily, and actually just finished writing a book of 52 devotionals to help others. What I find helpful for myself I put out there as well. 

CarlosMartinez
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Engaging in the digital realm of teaching is truly a rewarding journey, but it isn't without its unique set of challenges. Indeed, the mental toll can sometimes be daunting. The plethora of tasks, the biting critiques, fierce competition, and let's face it – initially, the financial returns can be quite modest. At times, it can feel like nursing a baby that demands attention without the anticipated income.

One strategy I've found immensely helpful is distancing myself from reviews. There was a time I would read them daily, absorbing every praise and critique. Now, I only peruse them when updating a course, ensuring I’m getting the feedback relevant to that particular content. 
After successfully wrapping up a course, I indulge in a little celebration. A peaceful breakfast by the sea, or if feasible, a short 3-4 day getaway to rejuvenate. Without my laptop. A pure digital detox. I've also allocated specific hours to respond to messages and queries, rather than being available around the clock.

Additionally, I'd be remiss not to mention how ChatGPT has transformed my work process. What once required tedious manual effort is now streamlined. About 80% of my student queries are efficiently handled by guiding this AI tool, sparing me countless hours and significantly bolstering my mental well-being.

Recently, I've been minimizing my presence on social media, finding solace in reading. Delving into books, especially those endorsed by visionaries like Elon Musk, has been a refreshing escape.

So, to all my peers out there, remember to take care of yourselves, both mentally and emotionally. We are in this together, and your well-being matters!

Warm regards,
Carlos

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors