Hi there, 

Does any Canadian instructor knows if as Canadians should say yes to: 

Special Rates and Conditions?

Thanks!

10 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ilianared I'll suggest you reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com they will be glad to provide you more details.

Hope this helps! 

Eliana 

Just an update,

The Udemy support rep who helped me was awesome..

She listed all of the items I may have done in error and requested that I re-submit and wait..

Within 24 hours, everything was resolved..

For anyone struggling with this, I recommended that you contact Udemy directly. They're all ready and willing to help!

Hello, 

I am a Canadian Instructor also. Can you be so kind as to tell me how you answered the yes or no question to Special Rates and Conditions. Thank you, Mike

ardit
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@

I haven't replied yet... I'm confused 😞

ardit
Storyteller Storyteller
Storyteller

@

Thanks for the update! 

When you say 0% was applied for you is because every case can be different?

Thanks again!

I sent an email to inquire about this, to my surprise, they told me my rate was 0% but I see a 30% in my account.

I've sent them another email and even resubmitted my form. I'm not sure what's going on but I don't believe that I should be subject to a 30% withholding rate.

I will be contacting the IRS to confirm in the morning..

Thanks for sharing! I believe this will help many confused instructors 🙂 

Hello,

I am a Canadian instructor also. Can you tell me the answer to this yes or no question please? Thank you, Mike 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.