Tax issues: special rates and conditions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax issues: special rates and conditions

Hello I'm Korean and I live in Korea now.

I am filling out W8ben form.

I can't understand the special rates and condition sections of the form..

I am trying to fill out the form by referring to the tax treaty table but I've failed now.

I don't understand the entire table..

Should I answer the question number one with Yes? or No???

1. Is the submission being made to claim treaty benefits on items not covered by the representations made above and where special withholding rates and conditions may apply? 
-> Yes? No?

2. Please select the Article, rate of withholding and income types claimed below: ???

Article the beneficial owner is claiming the provisions of: * ---select--- 5 Relief from Double Taxation 7 Non-Discrimination 8 Business Profits 10 Shipping and Air Transport 11 Related Persons 12 Dividends 13 Interest 14 Royalties 15 Income from Real Property 16 Capital Gains 17 Investment or Holding Companies 18 Independent Personal Services 19 Dependent Personal Services 20 Teachers 21 Students and Trainees 22 Governmental Functions 23 Private Pensions and Annuities 24 Social Security Payments 25 Exemption from Social Security Taxes 26 Diplomatic and Consular Officers 27 Mutual Agreement Procedure 
Enter the Paragraph of the Article being claimed: ---select--- 
Withholding rate claimed: * ---select--- 
Type of income expected: *

1 Reply
IsabelH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Stormi 

I would recommend reaching out to instructorsupport@udemy.com who will be more than glad to help you clarify how to fill out the form.

Isabel Handal

Community Moderator

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors