Tracking sales source

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking sales source

Go to solution

Is there are a way to know from where a sale comes from? I'm particularly interested in sales I made(with my promo code). On the sales report, I can see all the sales and what coupon code they used but can't find which was the source of that(e.g. Facebook, Twitter, medium articles, etc.).

This would be very useful, because I can know that I made, let say, 10 sales from a FB post, or 5 sales from an article I wrote, etc.

As far as I can see it's not possible, but it would be very helpful to know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @devsmanship, great question! The Revenue Report includes transactional details for each enrollment, revenue by channel, and data regarding your own promotional activity, but as it currently stands, there isn't a way to identify exactly from which channel each sale made with your promo code/referral link came from. However, We always appreciate receiving constructive feedback and I can totally see how this would be useful for instructors so I've passed your feedback along to our team. 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @devsmanship, great question! The Revenue Report includes transactional details for each enrollment, revenue by channel, and data regarding your own promotional activity, but as it currently stands, there isn't a way to identify exactly from which channel each sale made with your promo code/referral link came from. However, We always appreciate receiving constructive feedback and I can totally see how this would be useful for instructors so I've passed your feedback along to our team. 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Go to solution

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

Go to solution

An idea I had for this is "Coupon Aliases." So the instructor would still only be able to make 3 coupons per month, but could assign multiple coupons codes for a single coupon, so that they would still be able to identify where the sale came from by the code.

Go to solution

Would be great to add this feature!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

This has been asked for repeatedly over the last two years. I wouldn't hold your breath.

Go to solution

Would using bit.ly work for this?  I haven't published my first course yet, but will also want to track what channels drive actual sales.  I've used bit.ly for a number of things in the past when I wanted to track activities from different places. But every once in a while I run into a place that doesn't like bit.ly links.  Has anyone here tried that?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.
Top Liked Authors