cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome from Alicia Paz

(Transcription) Hi, my name is Alicia. I am a counselor out in Portland, Oregon on in the West Coast of the U.S.  I have been teaching on Udemy for almost six years now. I've learned so much while being in the community, in the Facebook group, and engaging with other instructors. I've gotten a ton of feedback about my course, help with marketing, SEO, direction.  I have also taken lots of Udemy courses on how build to my course.  I've learned editing, I've learned audio software, I've learned how to make a course.  Which are skills I did not have.  I am not a tech savvy person before working with Udemy.  An interesting fact about me is that I am really terrible with house plants and when I started doing my next to last course about a year ago, I bought ten, had pretty greenery in the background and now I am down to just this one, sad, little Christmas cactus.  So hopefully in 2019 along with continuing to build my business, gain more students and great reviews on Udemy, maybe I will take a course in houseplants and how to keep them alive. 

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP
7 Replies
TameraDion
Community Champion

I have a ton of family out in Portland! I love it over there. Also, I too kill off all my house plants. I killed a succulent recently and another is dying.... Robot Embarassed

*Brains behind Jason Dion*
AliciaPaz
Community Champion

6 of the 10 were air plants, 3 were succulents.  You should come to visit; doughnuts, weird people and coffee!!!

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP
Shigeru_M
Community Champion

Hi Alicia, I have seen your posings and nice to see you in video. Feels more familiar than just seeing text postings.

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

Thanks, it's so nice to see faces and hear voices now. 

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

Hi, Alicia. Just wanted to say congratulations on launching the new course. Other things have taken me away from course-building for a few months, but after mid-August I'll be back and hope to launch my first course some time toward the end of Autumn.

Best,

David

AliciaPaz
Community Champion

Good to hear @DavidBookbinder my mental health courses in the last 2 months have suddenly taken off so there is clearly a need for it.  When I started in 2013 it was mostly tech and it's amazing to see such growth.  Have a good summer, good luck with the course building and let me know when it goes live!

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

Glad to hear your courses are taking off! And, based on the number of calls I get from people looking for therapists, there is certainly a need.

Best of luck with the courses and your summer!

David

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.