Community Champion

Welcome from Sharon Ramel

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
3 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Since you've been here for so long, is there something from the old Udemy that you miss from when you started? 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training
SharonRamel
Community Champion

@GregReverdiau actually no, there is so much more help available these days. Plus the forums back then very very misogynistic which lead to many women actually forming their own support group. Not to mention that I never embraced the “my $3000 course is just $1 today hurry hurry hurry” mentality- that was very cringe worthy and so endemic it was embarrassing at times - it wasn’t helped by the fact that most of that theses courses were rubbish.

When I look back I see the growth and direction as more caring and empowering than ever before. The down side of that is it seems new instructors seem more needy, that could be a reflection of a generational change. - I think those of us who have come through all the changes have a resiliance borne from simply being agile and flowing with changes as they flow. 

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
GregReverdiau
Community Champion

Very interesting. You make a good point that those who have been here for years have the capacity to adapt, which I think is key. Glad changes are for the best for the most part, excited to see what the future brings. Thanks for sharing! 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.