Welcome to the community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the community!

Go to solution

Welcome! We're so happy you're here. We can't wait for you to start participating in our official Udemy instructor community.

To kick things off, introduce yourself to your fellow instructors by creating a quick 1-minute video.

In your video, we'd love to hear:

1. Who you are,
  2. What you teach,
  3. The most interesting thing you’ve learned from another instructor, and
  4. A fun fact about yourself!

You can share your video directly in this thread, or if you're not comfortable sharing a video of yourself, you can write out a response.

Welcome again! We look forward to getting to know you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Welcome Luiz,

I enjoyed your video even if I don't speak Portuguese, so a warm welcome to all of Brazil!

Cheers,

Elizabeth

View solution in original post

50 Replies

Go to solution

Mohammad Azam

I teach iOS development. 

The great advice I received from instructor is to be consistent and record every day. 

Go to solution

Hi everyone. I’m at the gym and can’t create a vid now. However, I’m Cosmin and I am currently creating my first course. I’m teaching programming. 

Glad to meet everyone. 

Go to solution

Can't make a video at this moment but glad to be here. My name is Chris Buckner. I'm currently creating a map reading course. I've done an excellent course on aviation, and I'm currently training to become a professional pilot.

Go to solution

Hi. Can you please provide a link to your course on aviation. Thank you.

Go to solution

Hello, I am Ali. I teach web development. I only have 1 course right now but looking forward to create more 🙂

Go to solution

Hi! I'm Michaele Downey and I teach business and leadership skills to new and potential leaders. I have learned SO much from all of the instructors here at Udemy. I think the most important thing I've learned is to pump up the excitement when you're on camera. I'm pretty animated when I teach in person, and you have to give it TEN TIMES the excitement so it shows through when you're recording.

An interesting fact about me: My home office is dedicated to Harry Potter.

I can't get to video right now, but I will come back and show you when I can.

Go to solution

Too bad I can't record a video right now, but excited to be part of this community. I'm Andrea Colangelo and I am CTO of an Italian Software House. I am working on a course about Software Engineering but still a lot of work to do to get it done. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Go to solution

Cool! Italy rulezzzzz

Go to solution

Hello everyone, I'm Patricia Caldeira, a Graphic Designer, and Illustrator that has been teaching online for a few years!

I mostly teach other people how to draw in a fun and relaxed way. 

One of the most interesting things I learned from another instructor was from @ScottDuffy 's course on SEO. It really helped me get my courses ranking higher for my selected search terms. 

Fun fact: I have a Tiger onesie that I love to wear all the time haha, if I'm not filming for an upcoming course, most of the times I'm wearing it. Maybe I should try filming with the onesie on for a change... Smiley Embarassed Smiley Very Happy

Go to solution

Thank you for your mentioning @ScottDuffy 's SEO course. I am going to purchase it and I am hopeful to learn more about Udemy's SEO.

Go to solution

Hi, My name is Jerry Martin and I am a Vocal Coach, Recording Artist and Studio Engineer.  I am currently in the process of building my flagship Vocal Course.  From there, my plan is to build more courses the deep dive into certain issues that singers, speakers, and performers have.  
So far I love the help I get from the Udemy Instructors and how they all want to help each of us succeed.  Thank you for that!  I learn from many different teachers and coaches on how to do things the right way and for that, I believe Udemy is awesome!  
Fun Fact - I sang with Dolly Parton a few times when she would come to Dollywood.  
I look forward to meeting all of you and if you ever need my help on anything, let me know!  JerryJerryI was born to sing! Ha haI was born to sing! Ha haPerforming at DollywoodPerforming at Dollywood

Jerry

Jerry Martin - Helping aspiring Artists to reach their goals and dreams.

Go to solution

Hello! I'm Miguel Silva, and I'm the partner of @PatriciaCal when it comes to online course creation!

We teach Illustration and Cartoon Drawing in fun and easy ways.

One of the most interesting things that I've learned was how to create good promotional announcements with Phil Ebiner, I'm still learning and perfecting it, but it has brought good outcomes!

Fun fact: I can't dwell on a single task for many days at a time, so I end up switching up from video editing to writing scripts to marketing and so on! It's just the best way I can work. Smiley Tongue Also I love playing videogames, so I'm always on the lookout for new game related news!

Go to solution

Hello All, 

Great to be part of the instructor community.... I teach IT - Project management, ERP, DB and IOT  - Arduino, ESP8266 and Raspberry Pi.

Nice to get connected with everyone... Will make a video later

Guha Rajan

Go to solution
Hello and congrats to the team at Udemy for the new community! Like many others, I'm not able to create a video at the moment but I'll type out my responses.

My name is Dan, and I teach mostly productivity-related topics like Jira, Confluence and OneNote. The most interesting thing I've learned from another instructor is how to pretend like you're talking to someone on the other side of the computer screen. The great tip they offered was to put a photograph of a loved one on the monitor and explain things to them.

A fun fact about myself: In my spare time I host a podcast that celebrated its 1 millionth listen in 2018.

Go to solution

Welcome Luiz,

I enjoyed your video even if I don't speak Portuguese, so a warm welcome to all of Brazil!

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Go to solution

Go to solution

Hello! I'm Jose. I've been an instructor at Udemy for over 6 years now. Time flies!

I learn a lot from fellow instructors. I recommend the Online Course Masters podcast if you've recently started teaching online.

I teach Python and web development. Excited about the new instructor community here at Udemy!

Go to solution

Hi everyone! I teach value investing. Nice meeting you all!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.