Welcome to the community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the community!

Go to solution

Welcome! We're so happy you're here. We can't wait for you to start participating in our official Udemy instructor community.

To kick things off, introduce yourself to your fellow instructors by creating a quick 1-minute video.

In your video, we'd love to hear:

1. Who you are,
  2. What you teach,
  3. The most interesting thing you’ve learned from another instructor, and
  4. A fun fact about yourself!

You can share your video directly in this thread, or if you're not comfortable sharing a video of yourself, you can write out a response.

Welcome again! We look forward to getting to know you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Welcome Luiz,

I enjoyed your video even if I don't speak Portuguese, so a warm welcome to all of Brazil!

Cheers,

Elizabeth

View solution in original post

50 Replies

Go to solution

Welcome nice meeting you

Digital Course Creator - Happy to connect with other instructors

Go to solution

My name is Laurence Svekis

I teach web and digital technologies 

The varitey of topics taught on Udemy is amazing

I use to create training courses on CDs back in 2002

Go to solution

Ditto training CDs, Laurence! Smiley LOL

Good to work with you and the entire community.

Elizabeth

Go to solution

I use to sell them on ebay etc, worked well until $10 CDs started coming onto the market.  The beginning of the end of that.

Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry I can't make a video at the moment but I've got to say that I'm really glad to be here. My name is Anas Abba and I'm currently creating a Forex Trading Courses on the platform. 

It's really nice to meet you all.

Cheers!

Go to solution

Hello, everybody!

I'm Joy, Chief Engineer at Fleet Nav Systems.  I've been building online courses via other web platforms for about a year now, but am pretty new to Udemy.  Currently checking it out to see if this is another (or better) platform I can use for my courses as well.  🙂

Go to solution

I'm new as well

Go to solution

Welcome Joy,

I hope you will find a home here on Udemy. It is a wonderful community and a powerful platform to reach others and change lives. Make yourself at home!

Elizabeth as ECPleadership

Go to solution

Hello Everyone! 🙂

Great to be here.

I am Keval Domadia. I do many things but mainly I write and code. 🙂

With almost a decade of experience in Information Technology, I am here to share the ' step by step' right method to engineer an app, both web and mobile!

I have always been a student too, to sum up, I have learnt a great deal from Jorge Escobar (Flask on Python) and Rob Percival (NodeJS)

1. A fun fact about yourself!

I am also a published biographer. 🙂

Nice to meet you all 🙂

Go to solution

Hi - I'm Leila. Thank you for creating this place for us to hang out & learn from one another. I love it!  I teach Excel courses on Udemy.

Go to solution

Welcome Leila--that's what makes this a great community--sooo many skills and sooo many talented teachers. 

To your success!

Elizabeth

Go to solution

It's great to join this udemy new community! 🙂 

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I am Kelly and I am creating courses in Leadership and Professional Development. I have my own Leadership and PD company based in Perth, Western Australia. 

To date I have liked reading that most instructors starting have the same fears as I did - filming yourself.. working out how to edit etc.... and I love the support from those that are "old hats"... they are right... it does get easier and it can also be funny watching back when you first start filming to where you progress to once you relax and be confident!

Fun Fact... while my company is based in Perth.. I am currently living in Cambodia managing a social responsibility e-learning project... as well as running my company remotely..

*also can't make a video at the moment as I am currently sitting at Denpasar airport at 4am waiting for a flight back to Perth after travelling from Siem Reap/Bangkok/Denpasar for a quick trip home to run a course!

Cheers,

Kelly

Go to solution

Welcome Kelly!

You've got an amazing story to tell and I, for one, am eager to hear more about you and learn from you. Given your introduction it seems that we share professional interests, have possible synergies and compatible expertise--I have a half dozen courses live on Udemy in leadership development currently and a new project currently underway. If you want any help or wish to connect, please don't hesitate to reach out to this amazing community that has taught me so much, and also let me know how I can support you. 

Go to solution

Hello all! My name is Sarah. I am creating a course on leader ship. My background is in instructional design, leader ship development, and interviewing and resume development. I’m looking forward to learning from all of you.

Go to solution

Hello Sarah!

Ditto my welcome to Kelly ... who knew there would be a community of women in leadership right here! Don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything I can do to support your success on Udemy. Its been a wonderful and challenging journey and if I can help with some guideposts along the road, please ask. As I mentioned above, I have a half dozen Udemy leadership courses and it would be awesome for women leaders to connect and support one another. Let me know how I can help.

To your success!

Go to solution

Hi Everybody,

I'm new my name is Jerrod Belcher, I'm the Ceo of the indie music label Business Minded Entertainment. I'm from North Carolina I do music, promote music, podcast host, music mix dj, manager of 8 artists, brand ambassador, publisher for 700+ advertisers etc..Let's network my classes will be more on music business, decentralized sites, distribution etc.

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm Diane Riggins. I'm a writer. I write adult and YA fantasy (epic/urban) and paranormal novels and short stories. I'm also a screenwriter. I'm brand new to teaching on Udemy and in middle of creating my first course. I want to create courses centered around writing and about the genres I write in. I look forward to learning from everyone as I move through each step of the process to publish my first class. I'm currently earning my MFA in Creative writing with a certification in teaching writing online.  A fun fact about me is that I'm a gamer.  

Go to solution

Hey, I'm Fabian - and still working on my first Udemy course; offline I teach a variety of soft skill (nonviolent communication, NLP, marketing, …) and IT topics (HTML, SEO, …). I am a trainer (teaching 1:x) and also a coach (supporting 1:1).

The most interesting thing I have learnt from other instructors is how many different approaches there are to any given topic – I really like the polyvocality :-).

Fun fact: I kind of live in a library :-D.

Go to solution

Ok Fabien ... you've got my attention! Tell us more about the kind of library you live in and post a picture...sounds like my kinda' place!

And welcome! Make yourself at home here at Udemy ... I think it will be your kinda' place too.

Elizabeth

Go to solution

I am excited to be a part of this community with my fellow instructors 🙂

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.